Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-10 17:00:41

stevemiles

Email password filled in

When I go to the sign-in page for my webmail service in Epic, the username and password are filled in.  This occurs not only within a session, but also when I re-open the browser after closing it.  I was under the impression that this is not supposed to happen.

#2 2015-02-11 08:49:03

sai

Re: Email password filled in

Hi Steve,

You can go to chrome://settings->Show Advance Settings->Passwords and Forms and uncheck the option Offer to Save Passwords. We do support saving passwords on Windows as of now.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2015-02-22 16:28:53

maia

Hi Sai,
i do not have passwords save enabled and i have the same problem. If i don't log out just close that tab, any later time in the session i go to google i get logged in again. This didn't used to happen: i just had to close the gmail tab to delete the information.

Since your problems with google and your teaming up with yandex, i have noticed Epic seems to store history, and has been under a lot of forum pressure to do this. It logs me back in to tabs i shut and stuff. (Yandex mail has suddenly started resembling gmail too, off topic.)

I half got used to and liked your old strict approach to privacy, though i can see why your current laxer approach came in.

Given your user base includes tech ignoramuses like me and both your settings are useful, any chance of a button to switch between paranoid and don't-care privacy? Or something? Thanks a lot for all your hard work, maia

#4 2015-02-24 09:05:34

alok
Administrator

Hi Maia,

We don't story any history beyond tab back+forth.  We do get a search feed from yandex, but we have made absolutely no changes to our browser for them and they have not asked us too.

We're still very strict about privacy -- we're working on some new things to be stricter but still very usable :-)!

For google/gmail, if you don't close the browser, the login cookie will remain, so even if you close the tab but open a new tab, you'll still be logged in.  We only delete first-party cookies on close of the browser, not on close of the tab.  This has always been our policy.

Thanks for your support & feedback as always :-)!

Alok

#5 2015-02-25 15:53:53

maia

Thank-you Alok.

Board footer