Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-23 08:26:10

heiko.m.eng

Autoupdate / Update function

I'd like to have at least a button that can check if there is a new version available.
You know ... because of security patches and so.

#2 2015-02-24 09:14:25

alok
Administrator

Re: Autoupdate / Update function

Sorry we need to start listing the latest versions on our webpage.

For Macs, you can "check for updates" by the way.  Windows auto-updates -- feel free to post your version # anytime here to check it.

#3 2015-03-15 01:18:08

MrBlack1

I agree with the serious need for both a 'Check For Updates' button and the LATEST and PREVIOUS Version numbers to be posted on the web site. I went from V34 to V39 before I even knew there was an update available.

I also would like to see the version number attached to the download file name instead of just 'EpicSetUp' i.e. EpicSetup-V39.0.2171.99 etc. I never know what the version number is until it is re-installed. Most everything else is good, no great, I couldn't be happier with another browser. I really really like this browser, but the lack of version numbers or update button is just SLOPPY Admins & Web Masters. PLEASE fix that.

#4 2015-04-18 22:23:53

ebeb

Please stop adding epicupdate.exe to the 'HCCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run' registry key unless the user approves it. I make this key read only for security purposes.

Epic installer blows up with an assertion error if it can't write to that key.

Board footer