Topic: Epic opening a ton of processes

Okay, new user, and I tried searching for this subject and didn't get anything. I'm a new user to Epic. I have 6 gig of memory. If I run just Epic, for instance I'm typing this on the 4th tab of a window, Epic ratchets my physical memory up to 80%. When I close Epic, my memory falls to 20-30%. I was running chrome and didn't have this issue until I had dozens of tabs open.

With just these 4 tabs open, Epic has 14 separate processes running, using 895,000 on the highest, and 14,200 on the lowest, the rest are somewhere in between.

Any ideas?

Re: Epic opening a ton of processes

Not sure what's going on Epic should not be using so much RAM.  The multiple processes are related to Epic's features e.g. our ad blocking is a process, our proxy is another process, -- so Epic does create a lot of processes.  Sometimes our ad blocker starts using a fair amount of RAM actually if a lot of the sites you're loading have a bunch of trackers in them.

I am having the same issue-  low memory warnings all the time.  I have tried Windows fixes, but it usEpic eating up the ram.   Have you figured out any fixes yet?

I am having the same issue-  low memory warnings all the time.  I have tried Windows fixes, but it usEpic eating up the ram.   Have you figured out any fixes yet?

Joke

We're not sure either.  Epic shouldn't use that much RAM!?  We have a new major update coming in a week or so -- hopefully that solves these issues.