Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-10-06 14:11:56

kryptoknyt

Once magnificent

Loved your browser when it worked. Now I get this frowning computer icon and a message that I'm trying now to recreate simply by launching the browser. But where it once was lightning fast it's now slower than dirt just to give me the frowning computer and the message. I closed out of it and launched a competitors browser so I could register and post here in the forum.

I'm sure you will want to know about my PC. I promise that will come.

Your search engine was GREAT but it was the first thing to stop working. If I recall I had one of those annoying circling clocks in the middle of the page. Then a message would come saying it's taking too long do I want to continue trying or " kill page ". I knew that eternity was not long enough to get the page to come up so I killed it and used one of my old stand-byes which is startpage.com which is a great privacy search engine that I have used for years until i discovered you wonderful product. That said, no matter how I tried to clear history, cookies, cache and then some as I started typing startpage in the address bar this would ALWAYS present it self first: startribune.com. I've never used nor gone to that website and even now when i tried to get that frown faced computer simply launching the browser produced nothing except a time clock indicating that it was still looking.
I just tried using a right click to capture all of the words on the page. Nothing. I tried dragging the cursor to capture the words. Nothing
I did a screen capture so I do have an image but I can't seem to figure out if I can attach it here or maybe include it in the post but paste does not paste the jpeg that I reduce in size by 50% so it might fit. Nothing.

About my much disliked PC: A 2016 Tosiba
Win 10 Home 64 bit
Intel i3-5015U CPU @ 2.10
4GB Samsung 1600MHz
2GB Kingston  1600MHz
Sys board   06A0 2.0
Bios    5.00
Satellite E45W-C
Much to my dislike and disapproval it has every update every RAMed ( pun intended ) down me and my computers throat and it seems to me with every update something new stops working.

Another warning that pops up in the lower right hand corner when attempting to launch Epic is a warning that says :
EPICVIDEODOWNLOADER has crashed! Click this balloon to reload this extension.   BUT there is no "BALLOON" clicking the message does nothing.

Several attempts ago this address appeared in the address bar. I copied it and tried pasting it in the startpage search engine and it produced no results. However I trimmed off this part  " /chrome/?p=e_awsnap_rl"   and added " forum " to the search and found my way here to our forum.

If you tell me it's all Windows 10 fault I can easily believe you. I read your notes about closing the browser from time to time to make it run more efficiently so I follow your instructions.

I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling which might work and in fact I would guess that it probably will work but wouldn't you like to know about this incident for your own database? There is also a message on the frowny face page to send a report but my thinking is that it can't do that since it seems not to recognize that a connection is available.

Any help is much appreciated! I miss my EPIC!

http://epicbrowser.com/chrome/?p=e_awsnap_rl

Board footer