Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-11-21 19:38:54

weave2u

Video play on sites such as foxnews.com, cnn.com, etc.

Video links don't want to play. I'm sure the sites have set up some test to prevent people who don't want to give up their privacy from seeing them. Is there a work around? Thank you.

#2 2016-12-01 18:01:06

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Video play on sites such as foxnews.com, cnn.com, etc.

Those videos don't work because they require a proprietary plugin owned by...Google.  Unfortunately we no longer have any workarounds.  Thanks to...Google.

Google stopped support of Silverlight in Chromium (this was our previous "hack" to get Netflix and other videos to play by telling them we're Firefox). 

Google will license Widevine freely to just about anyone EXCEPT other Chromium browsers (though we've asked them for years now to provide it to us).

#3 2016-12-01 21:24:03

weave2u

OK Alok, thank you for the information and for working on this situation!! I appreciate it!!

#4 2017-01-03 16:27:53

yasjorio

Videos won't work on Facebook. Is this due to the same Google plugin that's missing?

#5 2017-03-26 19:22:02

Ejohm

You need to find a way to show these videos.

#6 2017-03-26 19:23:24

Ejohm

Hopefully you now have a way that allows us to see videos on yahoo and other sites.  Let me know please.

#7 2017-05-10 12:38:20

vanjasper

I love Epic, what it does and what it stands for. BUT, i'm getting increasingly frustrated not being able to play videos on Facebook pages, or in PMs sent to me.
I seen the difficulty Epic has with Google as posted above, but when will the problem be resolved?

#8 2017-05-25 06:26:08

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry about that...we are working on this and Google last week said they would *finally* get their Widevine plugin to use which would let us support video at so many sites such as Netflix.

#9 2017-06-15 05:13:01

BikerHiker

Just recently became acquainted with Epic. So far I have been very pleased with how well and how fast it works. I was surprised/amazed at how many tracking cookies are being blocked. Would like to echo some of the comments above - I don't seem to be able to play the videos linked from Huffingpost. All I get is a black background with the twirling wheel. If I understand the above, this is a problem with Google and not due to some option I have wrongly set?

#10 2017-06-29 08:17:37

alok_epicteam
Administrator

No, it's us :-(.  We need to get the proprietary widevine and H264 media players.  We think that should solve the HuffPo issue too (though we haven't checked it specifically).

#11 2017-07-08 04:28:42

alok_epicteam
Administrator

We should have improved video support in the latest Epic to be launched in a few days...we're constantly getting better, thanks for your support & posts!!

#12 2017-07-13 02:02:08

weave2u

Alok, what are the odds of getting an HTML5 viewer as an plugin or within the framework? Also, what's up with spoofing sites for ad-blocking?

#13 2017-07-24 04:51:30

garyc61

Recently downloaded and installed Epic Browser. Unfortunately I can't see the download arrow in the top right of browser next to the umbrella. Is the arrow only displayed when the videos on that particular site are able to be downloaded by Epic?

Im using windows 10.

Thanks

#14 2017-07-24 04:54:19

garyc61

Recently downloaded and installed Epic Browser. Unfortunately I can't see the download arrow in the top right of browser next to the umbrella. Is the arrow only displayed when the videos on that particular site are able to be downloaded by Epic?

Im using windows 10.

Thanks

#15 2017-07-28 16:29:28

olaragb

So today is July 28. Still can't see FB-videos. Any hope soon?

#16 2017-07-29 10:32:22

korsgaard

@alok_epicteam

Any updates on this?

#17 2017-07-31 14:15:52

Epiclady

Thats so disgusting how they are trying to strangle hold everyone by only using their browser to ultimately make money out of our private life and time.  It should be illegal! They should not be allowed to make it this difficult.

#18 2017-08-16 05:58:12

ihavedesires

I cannot get youtube videos in html 5 to run.

I see the following message.

Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available.
Click here to visit our frequently asked question about HTML 5 video

I am running: Version 58.0.3300.190

IS this the latest version?  I reinstalled hoping to pick it up.

Is there anyway to tell what version of Epic is current; I looked ll over the site and could not find versions listed.

#19 2017-09-02 18:34:25

vrema01

Hey, for those that want video support - make sure you're supporting these guys at Epic.  Not that money solves all problems, however if we want an alternative to a controlled view of the world from Google/Apple - we need to support alternatives.

Board footer