Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-02-04 22:16:26

foresme

Massive CPU drain

After running Epic for 3 minutes 47 seconds out of the 5 "Epic Helper" processes running one of them is at 110.6% CPU usage.

I've been noticing this happens frequently, sending my fan into overdrive, and when I try to quit and restart Epic it stops responding so I have to force-quit. Prior to quitting the app is running slow. Can't type in the window anywhere. It just freezes up.

It does seem to have something to do with which site I'm on though I can't figure out a pattern. It's not happening on this forum but happens on a lot of other sites.

My system:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.8 GHz i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

OSX 10.12.3

#2 2017-07-08 04:41:13

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Massive CPU drain

That may be our Epic Filter / Ad & Tracker Blocker when a list download has failed.  Click on the umbrella button at the top right of Epic, then at the bottom of the menu, choose options, then see if Epic successfully downloaded the block lists.  If not, then click on them to download them.  That may be the issue.

Board footer