Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-05-28 15:21:54

leegabs

EPIC Desktop Icon Keeps ReAppearing

I do not like having icons on my desktop so I remove them. Anything I need regularly I have posted to my task bar. A couple of days ago my computer flashed and I noticed when I closed out, the EPIC icon had reappeared on the desktop. I deleted it but it keeps coming back. Every time it does my whole window flashes and it's doing it many times a day. In fact, it did it while I was posting this message.

How do I get it to stop? I've been happily using EPIC for months now and this has never happened before. Please help. I don't want to quit using EPIC but this is unacceptable.

Thank you!

Lee

#2 2017-06-03 00:37:25

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: EPIC Desktop Icon Keeps ReAppearing

Woah, sorry about that!!  Not sure what's gone haywire!  We solved that re-appearing icon issue years ago but it pops up again now and then.  Not sure if it's related to Windows10. 

When did you install Epic?  What OS do you run?  We'll work to solve this again -- thanks for letting us know.

#3 2017-06-03 13:47:10

leegabs

alok_epicteam wrote:

Woah, sorry about that!!  Not sure what's gone haywire!  We solved that re-appearing icon issue years ago but it pops up again now and then.  Not sure if it's related to Windows10. 

When did you install Epic?  What OS do you run?  We'll work to solve this again -- thanks for letting us know.

I installed EPIC last fall. A computer tech I know helped me with an issue I was having and he recommended EPIC, he has it on all of his computers. I have been very happy with it.

My OS is Win10. My laptop is 10 months old and in good health. smile I have looked for a place to remove the icon (shortcut) but haven't found any. Thanks for the help!

#4 2017-06-03 13:49:43

compstuff

FYI - the desktop icon issue is definitely not resolved. I have WIN7x64 and installed Epic just one month ago and everyday, all day long the darn icon keeps reappearing no matter how many times I delete it.

I like the browser but I'm ready to create a scheduled task script to delete the thing unless you have a fix that works

#5 2017-06-07 21:09:11

Have same problem with Epic icon showing up every time I turn around.  Running Win7 and installed either April or May 2017.

#6 2017-06-08 09:19:30

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry about this issue once again!!  We're working on a solution which we hope to get out next week most likely. 

Please bear with it for now :-(.  Please also post here details on your system and anything that could help us solve this (we haven't seen this behavior in our machines).

#7 2017-06-09 00:38:54

leegabs

alok_epicteam wrote:

Sorry about this issue once again!!  We're working on a solution which we hope to get out next week most likely. 

Please bear with it for now :-(.  Please also post here details on your system and anything that could help us solve this (we haven't seen this behavior in our machines).

Okay, thanks. I'll check back next week. smile

#8 2017-06-29 08:12:13

alok_epicteam
Administrator

We launched an update last week that should have solved this issue :-D. 

Sorry again, thanks as always for letting us know and bearing with us :-D.

Board footer