Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-05-29 15:23:26

Epic download video button has disappeared after reinstalling?

After re-installing the epic browser I noticed that the video download button has disappeared from my extensions? Also I am new to this browser, looked up the extensions available in the epic store, are there more extensions somewhere? only a few I could see.

#2 2017-06-03 00:35:14

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Epic download video button has disappeared after reinstalling?

The video downloading extension is auto-bundled into Epic, so it's not in the extension store.  Try this to get it back, at the bottom of the Epic settings page click advanced options then at the bottom click "reset epic".  Then close/re-open Epic.  That should bring video downloading back.

#3 2017-06-03 05:53:33

OldWalker

Hi, thanks for your work, btw funny how using proxy in  Epic it prevents me from registering, but I know it means it works ;-)

Even here (W7 64bit) after a clean W7 install I downloaded Epic and made a fresh (clean) install but I can't see download button.
Tried to reset and close reopen Epic many times without results.

On another PC (W7 64 bit) it works perfect. Ideas? (Please excuse my broken english I'm from Italy)

#4 2017-06-05 06:21:52

shiladkumar.d
Administrator

Hi,

"Video downloader" button will appear on the particular webpage. For most of the sites you can find the button just below the video / top left corner of the video.

#5 2017-06-06 13:40:15

Thanks for the answers. Tried resetting but still no download button? Have also noticed when looking in task manager; multiple instances of the browser running at the same time? hmm

#6 2017-06-08 09:16:31

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Epic spawns a new process for every tab and many of Epic's features like tracker blocking run as separate processes.  So it's normal to see a lot of Epic processes on your system :-D.

#7 2017-06-08 09:17:12

alok_epicteam
Administrator

We're launching new Mac/Win updates next week or the week thereafter...maybe that will solve the video downloading issue...not sure why it's not working for you :-(.

#8 2017-06-09 02:12:09

ayanami_rei

Hi. I'm facing the same problem with the video downloader icon. I don't have it on the menu, when before it was there. I reseted the browser like 10 times and it doesn't appear in the menu. I also deleted it and installed it again.

https://postimg.org/image/7m2fzqg7b/

#9 2017-06-14 01:24:35

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Argh...thanks for reporting this...we'll work on a better solution for this!

#10 2017-06-15 06:53:09

shiladkumar.d
Administrator

Hi,

Video download button will not appear on the menu, please open the following link for to find the download button on the video sites.

https://app.box.com/s/15z3g4d2hpmqpegpi320xtbgyf93yl5j

Board footer