OS : Win XP, SP3
Epic: latest, from here
0. Comodo antivirus flags the installer as malware on heuristic scan, but it tests clean by direct scan, or uploaded on Virustotal;
1. EpicSetup.exe isen't an (offline) installer, but a downloader/installer; this should be clearly announced, perhaps by renaming this file, changing its icon & adding some info text in the Zip file;
2. one error during the download process, presumably caused by interaction with my firewall. As the window said "ignore so we are informed", I continued;
3. after download, the install process per se took forever (on the order of 10 mn). I was about to kill it when it terminated;
4. after install the program wanted to scan all files from the HD (as per my firewall). I allowed it once, but it asked for it again, so I blocked it. That looks suspiciously like malware! If the process is normal you should clearly say so;
5. launching the program, nothing works (the usual Chrome window opens, the menus react but have no effect);
6. during install it should also be possible to opt-out from desktop icon & taskbar pinning.
But what made me really angry, is the install location: in Local Settings\Application Data\ !!! I already hate programs who consider my HD as their private property and leave no choice for said location, but that is even contrary to Microsoft specs. So please add an install-location-choice during the install process!
And now I'll uninstall it, and look how cleanly, or not, it does it…