Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-05-04 18:17:39

AndreaW

Info Crosses Over To Chrome

I share this computer with other members of my family who use Chrome.   I have an email account that I only access through Epic.   I just noticed that the login information for that account is being saved and is visible in Chrome.

For example, I open Epic and login to my private email by typing "Myemail@theprovider.com."

The next time someone in Chrome starts to login to any number of other sites, if the letter M is the first thing that they type, Chrome's suggestions include "Myemail@theprovider.com."   I can manually delete it, but how can I keep it from being remembered in the first place?

#2 2014-05-09 16:15:48

alok
Administrator

Re: Info Crosses Over To Chrome

This actually shouldn't be possible.   

Please delete all your browsing/private data from your Chrome browser.  Go to "Settings" then click on "Clear Browsing Data" in Chrome. 

Then try logging into your email again in Epic, and then try it again in Chrome.  Nothing should be filled in Chrome!! 

Let us know if this gets solved -- thanks!

#3 2014-05-17 20:39:24

AndreaW

Re: Info Crosses Over To Chrome

Sorry for the delay.  I'll try to turn on notifications.

The problem still exists, and I can duplicate it at will.  Let me clarify a couple of things first:

1. All the users on the computer share the same Windows 8 User Account.
2. Chrome is usually open but minimized when I'm opening Epic

OK, I did what you asked.  Cleared all the browsing history. Additionally, I went in to Chrome's saved passwords settings, and found the entry there.  I deleted it.

Then I went to a couple of sites in Chrome, and the login info did NOT autofill.   Then I closed both Chrome and Epic.  Reopened  Chrome, then Epic.   Went to my email in Epic, and logged in.  Logged back out.

Went to Chrome, opened Settings, and the login/password is indeed saved there again.

Board footer