Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-12-06 08:14:59

private

Does my ISP know what i am searching and which site i am visiting?

Hey, I want to know does my ISP know what I am searching and which site I am visiting while using epic browser?
What ISP see while I use epic browser for surfing on internet?
While I visit Flash site then does my IP and its information leak to ISP and tell what I am watching and surfing?

This question is little off topic to epic but i believe you can answer better than other user on internet.
Do sites which use (h ttps) in starting of url, hide the user surfing and search history from ISP without use of epic and other proxy? For example Google, Facebook, Yahoo use (h ttps) so do my ISP know what I am surfing and visiting/searching inside (h ttps) site?

#2 2014-12-10 14:56:15

sai

Re: Does my ISP know what i am searching and which site i am visiting?

If you keep epic's encrypted proxy on (green icon in the address bar), your ISP can't know what you're browsing. 

If you turn "on" the encrypted proxy, the browser will encrypt all your requests that you send and dns queries will be via our server, so your ISP will be unable to identify what you are browsing.

If the proxy is off, your ISP can see all the sites you visit and browsing data especially http data. We encrypt all our search queries by default whether or not you keep the button red or green.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2015-01-29 09:57:30

alok
Administrator

Re: Does my ISP know what i am searching and which site i am visiting?

Even with Epic's proxy on, please note that plugins like Flash may leak your IP address.  If you absolutely must keep all browsing private from your ISP we'd suggest in Epic's settings making plugins click-to-play.

Board footer