Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-04-08 12:29:05

deer33

Webpage not available..

I just downloaded, started, and restarted Eic, but no page loads and I get the announcement that "This webpage is not available" and Error code: ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED.
I tried several different websites including yours and the same thing happened.  I am using Windows Vista.  Can you help me?  I would like to be able to use your  browser.

#2 2014-04-08 12:36:25

sai

Re: Webpage not available..

Are you behind a Proxy or you are in a corporate network ?

#3 2014-04-08 14:36:04

deer33

No, I am on a private LAN .  Could it be something in Vista?

#4 2014-04-08 14:46:04

sai

Can you try going to Advance settings page and check "Disable Epic Proxy". See if Proxy Icon disappears and you are able to connect to websites?

Thank You
Sai

#5 2014-04-08 23:32:06

deer33

I clicked on "Set your own proxy", and then on "Change proxy settings". but when I return to the home page, it will still not load an internet page.

#6 2014-04-09 07:43:40

sai

If you are in Private LAN, you have to give your Gateway settings in "Change Proxy settings ", so that you will be connected to your network and then to internet.  If you have a system / network admin, please contact them w.r.t.  this issue.

In this case our proxy service would not work.

#7 2014-04-09 22:16:29

deer33

The private LAN I was referring to is my own router.  I clicked on "Change Proxy settings" and then on "LAN settings", but I did not know what to do then.  Any ideas?

#8 2014-04-10 16:32:42

sai

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Is this working with other browsers normally? Is it only wrong with Epic?

Thank You
Sai

#9 2014-04-10 19:32:46

deer33

Yes, other browsers work fine. I don't like the ad pop-ups in Firefox and IE is not my favorite either.  That is why Epic is so appealing to me.  Hope you have a fix!

#10 2014-04-11 08:27:03

marcobadie

I disabled Chrome for their automatic "updates"!
I disabled any update to my browsers, Epic, Mozilla, etc.!
I don't want your updates!
On my computer I am the only master!
Stop it!
I need again to change browser!!!

#11 2014-04-11 10:12:27

alok
Administrator

@deer33  sorry about the issues...not sure why it's not working?!  We'll try to think of something and hopefully some other users will have some ideas for you.

@marcobadie  Thanks for the post -- we understand how you feel!  If you're on a Mac, you have to manually approve the update.  If you're on Windows, Epic will auto-update at present.  We hope to have the option to disable the auto-update but it will take a bit of time to offer that..it's a bit more complicated than we expected to offer that using the chromium omaha installer.  We also hope to have a portable version of Epic soon which wouldn't update.  Sorry about that & in the meantime, if you want more details on our updates and such, we're happy to provide it.

Board footer