Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-12-15 17:39:03

peder

New tabs

I use middle click on links when I want them to open in a new tab but I'd prefer them to open in the foreground. Is there any way to achieve this?

#2 2014-02-11 23:03:09

Stork

Re: New tabs

I agree with peder.  It seems only natural, if I Cntr-click on a link to open a new tab, that I want to go to it.  If this isn't the standard convention, please make this an option in the next version of Epic.  TIA.

#3 2014-03-12 18:01:20

alok
Administrator

I like this thought as well.  Epic's behaving according to the default chromium (I believe it's the same in Chrome). 

It's kind of simple just having one option then clicking on the tab...but I can understand why you'd want the tab you open to be active, e.g. Opera for example has two options on right click open in new foreground tab / open in new background tab -- which makes sense.

#4 2014-03-12 18:01:47

alok
Administrator

Thanks for the great feedback / thoughts btw -- do keep pushing us on this one...let's see if it gets more support.

#5 2014-04-14 16:12:50

epic900

Yes! Please! Make new tab active!

Board footer