Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-04-14 23:14:15

ImLost

How to reopen closed tabs?

Hello people.
Well .. I'm with a problem that has just started in the browser, the option to open a new tab disappeared. Now I do not know how else to reopen them again.
I know the keyboard commands that make the browser respond.

Anyway, my question is: How do I reopen my closed tabs? (Preferably, how do I respawn the option to reopen them with the click of the right mouse button on the top bar?)

(Excuse me for the english, I'm using google translator).

#2 2014-04-16 07:13:34

sai

Re: How to reopen closed tabs?

Hi,

There is no option of reopening tabs that are lost, Unlike other browsers, we do not try keep track of user history for privacy reasons.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2014-04-16 19:02:05

crhanothl

sai wrote:

Hi,

There is no option of reopening tabs that are lost, Unlike other browsers, we do not try keep track of user history for privacy reasons.

Thank You

There was until recently, you shouldn't act as if you're unaware of that fact. Also, Epic still has a "back" button. The idea does not match reality. If storing history long enough to backtrack breaches security, then Epic has never been secure.

#4 2014-04-17 12:22:26

alok
Administrator

Yes, there are some ways to get back to websites you've visited like through the back button.

But No, we are actively preventing any way to restore closed tabs history in order to protect your privacy.  So when you close a tab, all that data is gone...sorry!  If you think you may need a page later, bookmark it or you can of course always to search for it.

#5 2014-04-17 20:16:44

ImLost

Right right ...
I really need this tool to reopen tabs. However, I see that even with the updated browser, will not have to.

But I can use other alternatives like download previous versions of the browser, right?
I am aware that I will lose a bit of security to do it, but it is a much needed tool for me.

There as I download previous versions of the browser? And yet, not allow automatic updates are made?

I only have these choices or use another browser hmm

#6 2014-05-16 10:25:00

alok
Administrator

Unfortunately we don't make previous versions of the browser available at this point -- because they have potential insecurities or privacy weaknesses. 

See if this helps -- you can choose via the epic menu to "Bookmark Open Pages"...so you can easily save all open tabs and then they're grouped in a folder from which you can open them pretty quickly. 

Does that help?

Board footer