Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-02-21 09:05:22

AnindyaB

EPIC becoming slow?

I had downloaded EPICBROWSER and been using this for about 2 months now. Am very happy with the mean-n-lean, no-nonsense look of the browser plus the trustworthiness of privacy that it promises.

However, since the past 1 week, EPIC has become excruciatingly slow, and I am suffering. Even opening the homepage is a big deal. At the same time, taking desperate recourse to the IE (from where i am writing this) & Gchrome are running quite OK! PLease advise!

I use Win7 Home on a 32-bit, Core I3 processor.

#2 2014-02-21 10:46:15

sai

Re: EPIC becoming slow?

Hi AnindyaB,

You must have proxy "On" globally. For past one week, the proxy has been facing heavy load and it was slowing down everything.
However we made a fix for it few hours before. We are also working on stabilizing this issue.

#3 2014-02-22 21:25:24

Hi,

Been using the proxy globally every time I use Epic and today it's been really problematic. "Web Page Not Available" keeps showing up and i am able to access the internet when I disable the proxy. Traffic may be overloaded at this time but it has to be fixed.

Thanks.

#4 2014-02-24 05:39:19

sai

Hi Mephistopheles666,

We've made a fix. We are trying to resolve it permanently.

Thank You
Sai

#5 2014-03-11 16:51:13

Hi again,

Today, tried using the proxy but everything is slow and when I access FB or any site and click on a link, the "Web Page Not Available" pops up again. Was wondering if the server is jam-packed with traffic again which causes this.

Thanks! LOVE YOUR BROWSER AND MORE POWER!!!!

#6 2014-03-12 16:57:44

alok
Administrator

Sorry about that...yes, our proxy is getting a bit jam-packed.  We're working on migrating to a much bigger network, but we're having issues supporting encrypted connections argh...so it's taking longer than we would like...we hope in the next week or two to have a lot more bandwidth for the proxy.  Bear with us!!

#7 2014-03-19 14:44:56

Hi Epic People,

Would just like to let you guys know that I couldn't access any site through the proxy including this forum without having to disable it. Must be the migration to the bigger server. No worries though; just wanted to let you know.

Thanks.

#8 2014-04-07 21:03:36

Hi Epic,

The browser seems to be lagging a bit.

Thank you and more power.

#9 2014-04-08 06:34:58

alok
Administrator

@mephistopheles666 -- browser proxy is working again?  but sometimes a bit slow?  sorry about the speed, we're seeing more and more traffic and are working on updating to an encrypted proxy with a lot more bandwidth *hopefully* this week itself!

#10 2014-04-15 14:41:13

Hi Epic Team,

Thanks for the feedback. However, it's been a week now and everytime I use the proxy globally it's just not working. I am unable to open any site through the proxy. Only when I disable it is when I can access the net again.

Hope you can help me out as well as others who may have the same issue.

THANK YOU AND LOVE YOUR BROWSER!! MORE POWER!!!

#11 2014-04-16 07:18:12

sai

Hi,

Please check the proxy now. It should be fast. We have upgraded it just yesterday to accomodate more bandwidth.

Board footer