Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-04-16 04:09:02

error url could no be retrieved

he following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.epicbrowser.com/privacy/intro.html

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
a dialog box comes up and states proxy service has crashed, click this balloon to reload extension, problem there is no balloon.  I had installed epic and tired using it but it was so slow that it would not pull web sited it always would time out. Is this normal for it to run slower than a turtle. Any help would be appreciated
frenchquarter

#2 2014-04-16 07:09:51

sai

Re: error url could no be retrieved

Please restart Epic, the problem shall fix automatically.

#3 2014-04-16 14:58:01

tjh3nm48

I am having the same problem on virtually every website except Google. ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved for : http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/; not plus probably 20 additional sites.
Restarting Epic did not work. I even uninstalled with AppZapper and reinstalled. Still not working. Max OSX 10.6.8

#4 2014-04-17 12:14:27

alok
Administrator

Sorry this is strange.  Both instapundit (who gave Epic a great plug !) and other sites are working for us.  So strange that only Google is working??!! 

We'll test Epic further on Snow Leopard to see if we can re-create any of those problems.

You've tried it with the proxy both on and off?  Are you on a LAN or VPN by chance?  Please keep sharing any details you can --we're here to help & are trying to troubleshoot!

#5 2014-04-17 13:56:38

tjh3nm48

"You've tried it with the proxy both on and off? . . . . Please keep sharing any details you can "

The proxy did it. If the icon is green, I get the error message. If it is red, the sites are accessed

Board footer