Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-11-21 02:59:20

blabdude

Proxy Service has crashed

Proxy Service crashes upon reloading it after it crashes.

It crashes too often.

#2 2013-11-28 06:05:26

alok
Administrator

Re: Proxy Service has crashed

Sorry about that -- could you let us know what OS i.e. Win8 64 bit -- you're using?  Some users are facing issues.  We're fixing up the proxy to be much more stable -- we hope to have it updated by early next week.

#3 2014-04-18 20:22:48

noisywan

I'm having the same problem. Proxy crashes and plug icon in the address bar disappears. A popup says "Click this balloon to reload the extention" but it does not work.

Epic Version 34.0.1841.0 (251262)
Win 7 Ultimate SP1

I can not test disabling Epic proxy because it does not save my settings. I check the `disable Epic proxy` box, close the settings page, and when re-open it the box is not checked.

#4 2014-04-19 07:25:29

sai

Did you try restarting the browser not help?

#5 2014-04-23 09:56:42

rgnrk7777

Been having the same issue with the proxy for the past week - when the proxy is enabled, suddenly (and without any changes on my end) I keep getting the "unable to connect to the proxy server" (Error code: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED).

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled, reset the browser settings (settings>advance), etc. but if the proxy is enabled, I cannot go to any sites (incl. epic search, google, bing, etc.).

At times this will happen for several hours, then, with no changes, the connection will work.

While this is going on, non-Epic browsers have no problems with any sites
Windows 7x64
Version 34.0.1841.0 (251262)

#6 2014-04-23 11:06:23

valsilv

I'm having the same issue.
Reinstalled but no changes. Just now.

#7 2014-04-23 11:07:58

valsilv

I'm having the same issue.
I've reinstalled from the site with no changes, can you help ?

#8 2014-04-23 13:32:50

sai

Sorry about the inconvenience. You can disable the proxy when it is not working by going to settings page.

Yeah, our partner spotflux has not been reliable. We apologise for that.

We're setting up a much more stable proxy, very soon browsing will be much smoother, secure and stable.

Thank You
Sai

#9 2014-05-09 15:18:26

alok
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Can you please let us know if the proxy extension is still crashing often?  If so, please let us know what OS you're using as well.

Also, in terms of the proxy service, please let us know if you've been getting any failed requests or slow service OR if it's been working fine. 

Thanks -- we've increased our proxy bandwidth about 10x in the past two weeks!

#10 2014-08-30 19:30:13

g0ld3ney3

This seems to be an issue that's been going on for a while, but I've just started having this problem, too.
Epic can't connect to web sites; error cane ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.
I've reinstalled Epic (false positive with Panda Cloud, btw), made sure that Windows Firewall wasn't blocking the connection, but I've still got the error.
Has there been a new release that fixes this? Or is Epic version 34.0.184.26 (251262) the latest to date?

#11 2014-09-23 01:12:29

alok
Administrator

Sorry about that.  We have a new update coming hopefully this week to chromium 36...hopefully that fixes this.

We're not sure why some users are encountering this.  Good that you checked your firewall and everything. 

Does a proxy setting work in other browsers? 

Let us know any other system or other details & we can help you solve this.

#12 2014-09-28 15:23:24

mex

A happy user af Epic, so therefore  . .

When can we expeckt to se proxysettings working proberly again for xp –for a quite some days now, it has been impossible to enter any website unless you disable proxy.

Futhermore, it is also difficault and almost impossible to enter epicsearch.in with or without proxy.

Current  version  34.0.1841.39

#13 2014-09-28 15:26:37

mex

A happy user af Epic, so therefore  . .

When can we expeckt to se proxysettings working proberly again for xp –for a quite some days now, it has been impossible to enter any website unless you disable proxy.

Futhermore, it is also difficault and almost impossible to enter epicsearch.in with or without proxy.

Current  version  34.0.1841.39

#14 2014-09-28 17:23:15

Have used Proxy on and off, it is a great feature. That said for the past week or so Proxy does not work, all I get is "No data received". I've read here that your Proxy servers" are down and you're working to make it better. I would just like it to work. Will you post on all forums when the issue is resolved, thanks you.....

#15 2014-09-29 03:42:17

sathi
Administrator

Hi rubinontheroad,

We just released an update to proxy extension, could you please check and let us know if proxies are working or not.

Thanks,

#16 2014-09-29 10:09:32

mex

If there has been an update, it has no effeckt at this end - still the same problems as descriped in post 12#

#17 2014-09-29 13:14:38

sathi
Administrator

Hi mex,

Sorry for inconvenience,

Might be your proxy extension is not updated. Can you verify extension update or not .  Navigate to following path and let us  know the version number.

XP- Path: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Epic Privacy Browser\User Data\Default\Extensions\ojmkmloghldahkpgloknaapbpembjija\

Thanks

#18 2014-09-29 17:11:19

mex

Hello sathi

The path points in the end to this numbers  1.1_0

#19 2014-09-30 15:45:58

sathi
Administrator

Hi mex,

seems your extensions are not updating.

Can you delete proxy extension folder and start epic, you proxy should not load this time, then restart Epic.
Our Extension recovery code should run and load all the extensions.

Deleting Proxy Extension:
Navigate to  C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Epic Privacy Browser\User Data\Default\Extensions\ 

then delete "ojmkmloghldahkpgloknaapbpembjija" folder

Please let us know what happens.

#20 2014-09-30 18:49:45

mex

Hello again sathi.

I deleted the folder-extentions, then restarted the computer and restarted the Epic browser - the proxy settings was gone, but the recovery code did not load any extensions – so the present situation is a kind of worse than before, not much privacy left.   sad

#21 2014-09-30 21:55:45

mex

The funny thing is, when i started up another xp computer, witch I haven`t used for some time, and after Epic has updated, the same problem occured as described in post 12# - so this could indicate, that something in this partikuler update make a malfunction to the proxy-settings.

#22 2014-10-02 06:25:39

sathi
Administrator

Hi Mex,

Thanks for your feedback.
There might be some issues with XP update. we will check into this. Mean while, if you don't have important bookmarks and passwords you can delete Epic'c user data and start or try to install a fresh installer.  You can Exports all your bookmarks as a HTML from Bookmark Manager.
We will come with an update very soon.

Thanks

#23 2014-10-02 20:17:50

mex

Hi sathi.

I followed your first advise and deleted the whole folder and sets of user data, and yes all my favorites was gone by this act, but they can be restored again, so no big problem.

The very good thing is, that Epic this time updatet with no problems, and now is back in business about proxy-settings and privacy.

So everything seems to work again as it should, and that is a big satesfaction. 

Thank you for looking into it, and my best regards.

#24 2014-10-02 20:54:02

mex

Hi again.

Maeby I was a little bit to quick, because after a session online, add-blocking and numbers of trackers or third-party cookies is not working.

#25 2014-10-03 07:34:34

sathi
Administrator

Hi mex,

Thanks for your feedback.
Is ads are getting blocked in Epic ??
Can you check  in settings->Advanced settings->content settings , "Block third-party cookies and site data" is checked for you or not . Please make "Block third-party cookies and site data" is checked.

Board footer