Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-04-29 19:20:30

Proxy Error

I never had any problems with using Epic until today.

When I click the Icon to bring it up, I get the following message:

"ErrPage: ERR_ACCESS_DENIED" or "page is unavailable"

It works with the proxy off but not when it is on. "Epic is using your computer's system proxy settings to connect to the network."

I want it on all the time for optimum privacy, otherwise what is the purpose of it if it is as visable as any other browser? What can I do to accomplish this?

Thank you. You can also email me at tom onedot debartolo at gmail onedotinserthere com so I am sure to see your answers.

#2 2014-04-30 11:46:06

alok
Administrator

Re: Proxy Error

Hi Tom..  Thanks for posting this & your support.  Can you try restarting your browser?  Are you on Mac or Windows?  Have you got any other firewall or VPN running? 

Not sure why this is happening, but we'll help you solve this.  In the meantime, you have considerably more privacy in Epic even with the proxy off vs. other browsers BUT the proxy does give more protection from your ISP and others.  It will soon be encrypted and thus give tremendous protection against government surveillance, ISPs & more.

Board footer