Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-07-16 23:41:49

wmoore888z

When I use Epic to access a site, why does the site assume I am in USA

When I use Epic to access a site, I have noticed that the sites assume I am based in USA.  I have read that Epic has a connection to USA - I am not sure what.  I am in China, and although I do nothing illegal I prefer that my Internet business is not routed through USA and therefore collected by USA government spy networks.  But apparently Epic routes me through USA.  Thanks.

#2 2014-07-17 16:00:29

sathi
Administrator

Re: When I use Epic to access a site, why does the site assume I am in USA

Hi wmoore888z,

Epic has a built proxy which is secure and stable. One of our proxy servers is in USA. We are not collecting any user's data and sharing with third parties.

Our motive is provide users anonymity as much as we can.  So, we never share any of your data.

Happy browsing  smile

#3 2014-07-21 05:03:56

wmoore888z

Hi.  Thanks for your response. 
1. YOu say one of your servers is in USA.  Do you have any servers that are not in USA?  If so, how to access them?  I am in China.  There's nothing private about information passing through any server in USA, as you know.  I do nothing illegal, but I prefer that the USA government doesn't collect all my private e-mail, so I am looking for a non-USA-situated browser.

2. Epic browser suddenly disappeared off my screen.  I re-downloaded and tryed to install, but it will not install.  I deleted my anti-virus software and tried again, but the same result.  How to get it back.

THanks

#4 2014-07-21 10:32:23

sathi
Administrator

Hi wmoore888z,

As of now, we are not providing proxies for different countries. But we will check into that.

Why your Epic is missing, can you go to All programs and check if the Epic is there or not ?

If Epic is not in All programs, navigate to %localappdata% and delete Epic Privacy Browser, and re install the Epic.

Feel free to write us, if this is doesn't work.

Board footer