Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-07-28 18:17:42

maia

Flashblock addon please maybe even imageblock?

Also please could you make Flashblock (the firefox addon - think they're for Chrome too) and imageblock if it exists for Chrome? It's very green to not download images, it saves a lot of the electricity spent transmitting the internet down cables, but i appreciate that's more work than flashblock, which is lightweight and already exists for Chrome. Thanks a lot.

#2 2014-07-29 04:46:28

sathi
Administrator

Re: Flashblock addon please maybe even imageblock?

Hi Maia,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

We are working on flash blocking and image blocking.
We will come with a update a.s.a.p

#3 2014-07-29 11:14:26

Heretic

Flash and Images arent the only way to display a visual ad.  One may wish to consider "HTML5 Canvas" Block as well, as that is the currently described method for Fingerprinting which affects both Privacy and Advertising Pollution.

#4 2014-07-29 11:42:01

sathi
Administrator

Hi Heretic,

Thanks for sharing your ideas,

We too concerned about canvas, our team already looking into possible ways to block this and figuring out the best user
interface to control this.

#5 2014-07-29 23:57:10

maia

i am really silly, i realised now i can disable flash playing automatically in the content section of advanced settings. Imageblock the firefox addon is great because you can choose with each page - sometimes you really need to see the picture! - and it has the option to not reload automatically when you change the setting, so if you want images on 1 page of 20, you can press F5 after altering the setting, then click the button again and back to block. I live in a rural area of the UK, sometimes it is a big help with loading speed of browser. Thanks for your kind reply, it is not urgent!

Board footer