Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#26 2014-10-04 18:46:21

mex

Re: Proxy Service has crashed

Hi sathi.

A ressumè of the situation.

There were issues about accessing web-sites when proxy-global settings was conected –
ads blocking worked fine, and numbers of blocked trackers was shown in the small pop up window – but when closing  the websites down, there was no numbers of blocked trackers showned at the bottom of the browser.

A check in the advanced settings shown, that third-party cookies and sitedata was cheked out.

Therefore I tryed a fresh install – by uninstalling the persent version in controlpanel- installed programs, and removed the left overs in dokuments and settings and in regedit  - there were quit a few, and I wish there had bin a special tool for that purpose.

I Installed a fresh version 1.23.27.13 - wich I suppose is the latest version -  but the results turned out to be the same as before.

Epic can`t connect to websites when proxy is on global  -  ads blocking is working – the small pop up window is working – but numbers of blocked trackers is not working proberly.

#27 2014-10-18 20:33:28

mex

What is happening ?  Since yesterday when trying connect to any website with proxy global setting on ( os xp ) it is impossible to reach the chocen site – instead pops up a grayis colered site, either with some advertising links or with no tekst.

For a while now, enable proxy global has been very unstable, and now it seems to not working at all.

#28 2014-10-20 07:19:01

sathi
Administrator

Hi mex,

Sorry for inconvenience, it shouldn't happen. Proxy is working for me. Something going wrong with XP. Can I get all your system details.

Thanks,
Sathi

#29 2014-10-20 22:47:47

mex

Yes proxy is working flawless and with no porblems on my win7 and Vista - but on xp sp3 there are present problems with proxy, wich I can`t figure out  the reason for – everything worked just fine until a couple af weeks ago.

All system details ?  can you be a little bit more specifik here . .

#30 2014-10-21 02:44:26

sathi
Administrator

Hi Mex,

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I need processor, RAM and available disk space.

#31 2014-10-21 10:19:44

mex

Here goes  - Xp pro, version 2002 sp3  - pentium(R) 4 cpu 3.00 ghz 2,99 ghz  -  2.49 gb ram  - disk space 67,8 gb available.

#32 2014-10-22 15:41:58

sathi
Administrator

Thanks mex, sure will check thoroughly in XP.
btw, we released new version of Epic just couple of hours back. 

Thanks

#33 2014-10-29 03:36:29

mex

I begin to think it goes down hill with Epic – it is almost impossible to enable proxy in xp – every time I try it end up with this boring advertising menu ?
• 
Cash Advance
•  Debt Consolidation
•  Insurance
•  Free Credit Report
•  Cell Phones
•  Life Insurance
•  Credit card application
•  Real Estate
•  Cheap Airfare
•  Finance

And now, the proxy icon is vanished in the browser on my win 7 -  hm, what is going on ?

#34 2014-10-30 03:07:12

sathi
Administrator

Hi mex,

We are sorry for inconvenience.
very weird, can you share any screen shots related to advertising menu . 
For proxy icon disappear, browser restart should help you., it didn't work for you ??

#35 2014-11-08 18:52:11

mex

Hello sathi - just to let you know, an uninstall and a thourough searching for leftovers solved the proxy problems in xp – and as for win7 the proxy icon is now back in place  -  so in a manor af speach, I am back in business - very nice    smile

Board footer