Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-12-20 07:30:45

NitrousO2

Is using Google DNS okay?

I was wondering is using Google DNS alright? Does Google get information about the websites I've visited? Not sure how it works so would like some details on it.

Thanks smile.

#2 2014-12-23 08:01:28

sathi
Administrator

Re: Is using Google DNS okay?

Hi NitrousO2,

Thanks for asking a great question !

Yes, using a google's dns server is a big threat to privacy. They do logging at their dns servers. They know your ISP, dns queries and time stamp etc

#3 2014-12-23 12:42:55

NitrousO2

sathi wrote:

Hi NitrousO2,

Thanks for asking a great question !

Yes, using a google's dns server is a big threat to privacy. They do logging at their dns servers. They know your ISP, dns queries and time stamp etc

Ooh I see. I've been using Google DNS since its ping results are great, I am using OpenDNS now. What is a safe DNS that you recommend I use?  I have the DNSJumper software to check for the pings.

Thank you.

#4 2014-12-24 04:33:59

sathi
Administrator

Hi Nitrou02,

There are some paid servers are available in the market, like Golden Frog. They offer zero logging servers.  We are also not saving any log details at our proxy servers.

Thank You

#5 2014-12-24 07:26:54

NitrousO2

Thanks for info but at the moment I'm unable to spend money. What about free ones, Anything that you think is decent enough?

Thank you!

#6 2014-12-24 12:54:44

tiger5

when you say "our proxy server" which proxy do you mean?   Can give the name and ip address of it? sorry if it is an obvious question.
tom

#7 2014-12-24 13:39:52

sai

@Tiger5 when you click red button to green in the omnibox, you automatically connect to our proxy servers which are https, So all of your data is encrypted. We run around 10 proxy servers right now to handle the load. You can use them only clicking that red button.  You can click and check via whatismyip.com

We do not expose our proxy servers to avoid spam on it. Please let us know your email, if you need the details of our proxy servers.

@NitrousO2, my recommendation is OpenDNS.

Thank You

Board footer