Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-10-29 19:25:39

Epic on Other OS

Is Epic in the process of developing versions of this product for other OSes, such as Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone, even Blackberry (if possible)? I'd love for at least a version of this browser on just mobile OSes, if possible, and Linux too, since I was kind of considering using it, but that's besides the point.

#2 2014-10-30 03:01:03

sathi
Administrator

Re: Epic on Other OS

Hi copiouscaritas,

Yes, we are working on Android and iOS.  We are planning for Epic on every device, let's see.  Keep posting us if you have any concerns with Epic. Please share Epic with your friends and family.

Thanks

#3 2014-10-30 14:39:54

I have shared it with some people already, but sure! I believe in privacy just as much as the next person here, we need to keep this movement going! :~)

#4 2014-10-30 15:00:09

sathi
Administrator

Hi copiouscaritas,

Thanks a lot. Keep posting us ..

#5 2014-11-03 15:11:35

I realized that I think I posted this thread in the wrong section; If possible, could an admin move this thread to the Suggestions section? I can understand this could be considered a "Privacy Discussion", but I still think it belongs in the Suggestions section.

#6 2014-11-03 15:41:39

sai

@copiouscaritas, moved to suggestions section

#7 2015-03-04 22:51:59

MrU

Hi,
I may have a way to have the Epic Broswer avaliable on the iDevice, although it's not going to be an app in the outcome.
I would suggest making the Epic browser for the iDevice called Epic Proxy, and it can be installed by visiting one of your sites.
Visiting that site would install a Provisioning Profile, which in turn add an app that allows the proxy to be turned ON or OFF.

Because as of this moment, I don't believe there is an open source Chromium for iDevices.
So making a Provisioning profile that would contain the proxies would be excellent, and providing a simple ON/OFF app that would turn the proxy off/on

TLDR; No App Store - use Provisioning Profile

Until then, is it possible to enter the proxy into the Wifi Settings manually?

Board footer