Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-04-06 04:15:01

Rex Liang

EPIC on Macbook Air

Hi,

I have successfully installed the Epic Browser on my Macbook Air but it doesn't have the Proxy icon(also it doesn't the small umbrella icon) for me to click, which it means I can't get connect to surf facebook,google and etc in China.  I have tried to re-installed several times and it still doesn't work, my Mac system is on 10.10.2, so any one can help?

Regards,
Rex

#2 2015-04-06 06:09:39

sathi
Administrator

Re: EPIC on Macbook Air

Hi Rex,

Can you do the following commands from terminal
"cd ~/Library/Application Support/Hiddenreflex/Epic/"
"rm -rf Default"
"cd ~/Library/Cache/"
"rm -rf Hiddenreflex"
Note:  do not forget "~" in this commands.

Start the Epic Now. let us know if this helped or not

#3 2015-04-06 07:00:09

Rex Liang

Thanks for your quick reply but i have no idea how to operate above commends in the system

#4 2015-04-07 00:49:48

Hi Rex,

Totally understandable. I think we can get your problem straightened out. I just recently updated to OS X 10.10.2, also, and I can confirm Epic Browser works great on a new Mac.

To run those commands sathi gave you, try this. If you open Launchpad to view your installed apps, look for an icon that is labeled "Terminal" and looks like the following image (the one on the right, probably).

Terminal Icon width=150

Once you open the app, you'll be able to type or paste the commands sathi gave you. Enter them one at a time, excluding the quotes. Pasting the commands may be best, to avoid typos. Then simply restart Epic, as sathi said.

Also, be sure you do not omit the tilde symbol (the "~") at the beginning. If you enter those commands without the "~" at the front (again, without the quotes), your computer may experience some bad problems.

Hope this helps!

#5 2015-04-08 02:03:59

sathi
Administrator

@muchogusto305:+1

#6 2015-04-21 16:07:38

shisensen

Hi,sathi

I met the same problem as Rex has met, when I tried to do commands as"cd ~/Library/Application Support/Hiddenreflex/Epic/", it replies "-bash: cd: /Users/123456/Library/Application: No such file or directory".

What should I do next??

Thanks!!

Shisensen

#7 2015-08-25 23:27:12

angelaarenal

I have a mac air Os 10.9.5. I tried to start Epic but the operating system refused to open it saying that it doesn't recognise the owner. Is there anything I can do? I am not very computer savvy

#8 2017-02-23 23:42:38

Witmarkcourn

Hi,

I have a macbook air running OS X Lion ver 10.7.5 and had been having problems every time I try to open a ny site except the home page. It was either throwing a "not trusted connection" page thingcouldnt get past it no matter the exceptions or getting redirected to facebook and some other unintelligible website. Since then, I had been using another laptop. This had been going on for over 3 months now.

However, since a couple of days back I am able to access the very same siteson firefox that were previously impossible to open except on the safari now. safari still seems to have some leftover hangups. Is it just browsers acting weird occassionally or somehow everythings cleaned up on its own?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

<a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNeYxUehi4>Смотреть мультик Вспыш и чудо машинки</a>

Board footer