Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-06-10 21:52:43

pbb

How to manually uninstall Epic browser?

I have installed Epic on a Windows 8, 64 bit machine.

The install routine didn't create a Start menu entry (I am using Classic Start Menu) and it didn't put an entry into Programs and Features.

When I click on the top right menu in the browser, there isn't any uninstall option visible.

Looking at the contents of  C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser\ I can't find any reference to an uninstaller.

Can you please point me to a manual uninstall sequence for this browser?

#2 2015-06-14 00:17:38

mex

Re: How to manually uninstall Epic browser?

I se something similar here, since the latest version, and resently theese two files was flaged by my malwareprogram (wsa)

c:\documents and settings\ad\lokale indstillinger\application data\epic privacy browser\application\40.0.2214.91\installer\setup.exe

HKU\S-1-5-21-842925246-1123561945-682003330-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Epic\UninstallString

#3 2015-06-23 22:17:44

alok
Administrator

Strange that there's no entry in Programs and Features. 

Not sure of the best route except to delete all the folders in AppData -- that's where Epic is located.

#4 2017-06-02 18:00:18

kanbo

This needs to be addressed. It's not acceptable to have a broken uninstall system.

Is there a way to remove the app silently?
I have tried:
"C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser\Application\58.0.3029.110\Installer\setup.exe" --uninstall
But with the same result: uninstall popup cannot be shown - even if the hardware acceleration in epic is disabled

Consider a silent uninstall like this if the underlying problem could not be fixed easily:
"C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser\Application\58.0.3029.110\Installer\setup.exe" --force-uninstall

#5 2017-06-03 00:29:28

alok_epicteam
Administrator

No software is perfect.  We're doing our best.  Thanks for the thought.  We unfortunately can not rewrite the Omaha installer, nor does a control line command have any real utility for a userbase as large as ours.

Board footer