Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-03-01 10:16:13

your browser persists in pinning itself to my taskbar

As in the title. This is extremely annoying!

Please update your policies.

Thx

#2 2016-03-01 13:51:19

redrocket

Re: your browser persists in pinning itself to my taskbar

I really don't mind the taskbar positioning, however, I updated through the wire and Epic was placing an icon on my desktop. There was a blog post written awhile ago that stated Windows 64 bit users should completely uninstall/reinstall to solve that issue. Just completed that...so far so good.

#3 2016-03-08 10:13:37

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: your browser persists in pinning itself to my taskbar

Thanks for posting here.  The issue seems to be happening for some Windows 7 users.  Please share any details you can on this issue i.e. when did you initially install Epic, what's your OS (32 or 64 bit), when did it start happening, etc.

We're unable to re-create this bug so we're not sure how to solve it.  Earlier, it was related to the installer...but if you've just updated your Epic, it shouldn't be installer-related.

We're working on this.

In the meantime, if it's too irritating and you want to uninstall Epic (and to backup any bookmarks / passwords), please follow these instructions:
http://blog.epicbrowser.com/2013/11/epi … 4-systems/

Board footer