Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-02-29 19:25:53

Epic Keeps Reloading Already Open Tabs

Something appears to be going on with the Extension Proxy Service. When multiple tabs are opened, everytime you switch tabs, the entire page reloads. This has been going for the last few hours.

Is there something going on with the Proxy Service? The browser is becoming almost unusable.

Using Version 48.0.2553.0.

#2 2016-03-01 17:06:05

Nico

Re: Epic Keeps Reloading Already Open Tabs

I have the same problem. Though for me it appears to be irrelevant if I have the proxy on or off.

It is quite problematic because I have to browse a lot for my job .... and this really drags things down.

#3 2016-03-02 17:50:45

It is still doing the same thing after two days. This happens on multiple PC's, so it is not isolated to just one machine.

It is getting to the point that I cannot even edit settings in Wordpress as it will reload the page when the page's tab is selected and reload the previous setting/post data.

I am about ready to go back to Firefox (the last thing I want to do) because of this issue.

Please advise ASAP.

#4 2016-03-04 13:06:54

dawid10000

I have the same problem with latest update

#5 2016-03-06 04:19:16

It has gotten so bad, that I have basically switched back to Firefox. This is something that needs to be addressed ASAP. Epic is now basically unusable because of this issue.

#6 2016-03-07 11:55:37

reactofx

I'm having the same problem for several days now it's clear browsing gets very slow when every page is reloaded everytime.

Using version 48.0.2553.0

#7 2016-03-07 19:45:45

reactofx

I had the same problem the last few days.
I uninstalled Epic and installed it again, and the problem was gone.

I'm pritty sure the problem is caused by the latest update. This update is performed automaticly, while I was working on the pc with several other programs active. Updating in this manner is aking for thouble, this should be fixed before the next update.

#8 2016-03-08 10:05:26

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Please send us your OS and if it's 32 or 64 bit.  Otherwise the proxy is working fine?  We're unable to re-create this bug so we're not sure what's causing it and how to solve it.  If the proxy is off, does Epic still re-load the tabs?

Thanks for posting it, please do send us as many other details as you can.

#9 2016-03-08 17:53:32

satya

for me also when multiple tabs r opened, everytime I switch tabs, the page reloads again n again. this is happening since last one week. OS os windows 7 and it is 32 bit, 2 gb ram. however proxy is working ok.    Using version 48.0.2553.0. please inform whether version will be updated automatically.   

Also, third party cookies blocked details r not shown at bottom of home page, only trackers blocked r shown. However third party cookies blocked by me in setting of epic browser.  In umbrella sign also third party cookies blocking option is not shown.

#10 2016-03-09 11:31:37

satya

As u advised, proxy is switched off, still page is reloading when multiple tabs are opened. Already posted another query regarding page uploading and third party cookies blocked msg is not shown at bottom of home page, only trackers blocked msg is shown at bottom of home page. waiting eagerly for reply.

#11 2016-03-09 14:02:24

NitrousO2

alok_epicteam wrote:

Please send us your OS and if it's 32 or 64 bit.  Otherwise the proxy is working fine?  We're unable to re-create this bug so we're not sure what's causing it and how to solve it.  If the proxy is off, does Epic still re-load the tabs?

Thanks for posting it, please do send us as many other details as you can.

yes, even if the proxy is off it still reloads the tabs once you click on the tab. What I've noticed is that it happens after a delay. My OS is Windows 10, 64 bit.

#12 2016-03-09 17:43:10

Leana

Windows 7 Starter/SP1(32 bit). Eipc 48.0.2553.0 (russian localization) is used in Comodo Sandbox/Virtual Desktop. In addition to reloading of every already loaded tabs (it does not matter whether proxy is on or off), some attempts to open link in a new tab in context menu leads to opening empty tab/black screen. Link is lost as a rule. It is loading fine if I manage to activate a new loading tab in time. Re-installing of epic browser made difference for short time only. Thank you for taking your time.

#13 2016-03-09 19:14:20

OS in Windows 7 Ultimate, running in 32-bit mode.

As for the proxy, it does the same thing, whether it is set globally or not.

#14 2016-03-13 08:35:43

cactus

This is a problem of the chromium (48.0.2553.0), not the problem of the Epic

See this link : https://developers.google.com/web/updat … ding?hl=en

The chromium update is needed to solve this problem

#15 2016-03-13 08:38:03

cactus

This is a problem of the chromium (48.0.2553.0), not the problem of the Epic

See this link : https://developers.google.com/web/updat … ding?hl=en

The chromium update is needed to solve this problem

#16 2016-03-14 05:06:04

lsimms37

Same trouble here for the past week. Removed and reinstalled Epic browser a couple times. Doesn't matter if global proxy is disabled or enabled. Sometimes the page reloads itself, sometimes I have to press F5 and confirm I want to reload the page. I even have to reload http://forum.epicbrowser.com/viewforum.php?id=10

I do not have this problem with Internet Explorer 11, Opera, or Firefox.

Epic browser version 48.0.2553.0
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM: 4.0 GB
Updated all drivers
Computer is in “Adjust for best performance” mode.
Internet provider: Comcast

#17 2016-03-14 18:56:28

Sent the OS information a few days ago. Anything else that you need?

I am using Firefox now, as Epic is basically useless until this issue can be resolved. A shame, too.

#18 2016-03-17 09:27:38

sirusbad

I also have this problem! Use becomes unbearable. I'm used to EpicBrowser, but have to give up if it does not solve it.

#19 2016-03-17 09:28:59

sirusbad

I also have this problem! Use becomes unbearable. I'm used to EpicBrowser, but have to give up if it does not solve it.

#20 2016-03-24 13:30:12

ds

win7 32

Same problem for me. The last update was a shame, should never been released. I had to move to Vivaldi.

Please solve this ASAP!

#21 2016-03-28 10:43:50

This helped me...
edit EPIC shortcut to start with following parameters..
"C:\.......\Epic Privacy Browser\Application\epic.exe" --force-fieldtrials=AutomaticTabDiscarding/Disabled
The path between "" is existing in your shortcut.. need to append the rest to it...

got this from another blog..

Thanks,
Shakeel.

#22 2016-04-07 11:30:33

pk

Hey guys,

The same problem was occurring in my laptop also. I removed some junk softwares from my laptop because they were consuming too much of RAM, after that I ran ccleaner and cleaned my laptop.Then I opened epic, I saw that the problem was gone.  I think, to fix this bug, the RAM should be free. You can try this idea. This may work.

#23 2016-05-31 05:53:21

rajaram342

I ve observed that it starts happening when i login to gmail account. It must be related to chrome trying to use account login for other tabs like their G+ like buttons, facebook share buttons on sites. Pure tracking funda!!!
Please fix quickly neutral

#24 2016-05-31 07:40:19

rajaram342

m.shakeel.baig wrote:

This helped me...
edit EPIC shortcut to start with following parameters..
"C:\.......\Epic Privacy Browser\Application\epic.exe" --force-fieldtrials=AutomaticTabDiscarding/Disabled
The path between "" is existing in your shortcut.. need to append the rest to it...

Thanks Shakeel...
This worked!! smile

#25 2016-06-10 18:01:50

shabh

I am also getting this reloading problem for more than 4 months. if i have opened multiple tabs, all the other tabs are automatically reloading except for the one i am currently viewing.

If  i open google.com on epic browser, i get the following message:
We've detected you're using an older version of Chrome.Update to stay secure

Since epic browser is based on chromium, i wonder if this is the cause for reloading of the tabs. Can you please guide how i can update my browser on epic.

please reply

Board footer