Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-03-01 05:00:15

john-m

Feb 28 Update Does Not Function on XP

The latest update has rendered Epic inoperative on two XP machines. One is a laptop, the other a desktop.

Epic loads but cannot display any pages from the local machine (including the Epic configuration pages) nor can it display pages from the web.

I sincerely hope that this is not the end of the line for Epic on XP. It is a great program.

John

#2 2016-03-07 19:21:24

CaryaBlack

Re: Feb 28 Update Does Not Function on XP

I myself and probably several others have the very same problem. I haven't received an answer yet on Facebook either. ...
Around that time my chrome also started spouting the message that XP and Vista are no longer supported. Maybe it's the source they are both built on? Who knows. I do hope that the developers can and will fix it. It was fun to use my trusty old Laptop for more than a glorified typewriter ...

#3 2016-03-15 13:35:52

mrbob

My two xp machines are the same. so I have had to resort to using an earlier version of epic
v 39. fortunately I still had the mini installer file. This earlier version works perfectly on both
machines. However they cannot update when installed in this manner. This is probably a good thing until this problem is fixed.

#4 2016-03-15 13:50:06

mrbob

Epic does not work on my two xp machines either. so I had to install an earlier version, v 39.
as I still had the mini installer file. This version works perfectly on both machines. Installing in this way means that no updates can be installed. A good thing until this problem is adressed.

Bob.

#5 2016-03-24 20:01:40

CaryaBlack

mrbob wrote:

My two xp machines are the same. so I have had to resort to using an earlier version of epic
v 39. fortunately I still had the mini installer file. This earlier version works perfectly on both
machines. However they cannot update when installed in this manner. This is probably a good thing until this problem is fixed.

Lucky you, I only have a newer version of the mini installer and cannot do ANYTHING with my Epic. I asked on Facebook what the Problem was and they said CHromium is at fault what with no longer supporting XP. The Support told me that they were working on a solution for XP-Users but until then I have to use other crap browsers sad

Board footer