Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-04-20 11:05:33

palafox

No more Umbrella Button, Signal a Bug in Help Menu Greyed out.

After update to latest release, I lost Umbrella button. No Adblock. “Signal a Bug” in Help menu is greyed out. It seems Mac Epic does not seem to be up to par with Windows Epic. I was considering downgrading to the now risky Epic Version 40…

Also, I don't know whether it's related or not, but I've got a file “com.Breakpad.crash_report_sender.plist”

#2 2016-04-21 16:37:15

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: No more Umbrella Button, Signal a Bug in Help Menu Greyed out.

We're working on a fix for this -- not sure why some users are facing an umbrella button not completely loading issue.  Should have a fix out soon. 

Don't downgrade...update with fixes are coming soon.  All key privacy & security functionality (except umbrella tweaks at present) are intact so nothing to worry.

#3 2016-04-22 17:41:10

alok_epicteam
Administrator

That plist file could be related to Epic...it's harmless regardless so nothing to worry about.

#4 2016-04-29 21:00:06

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Latest update should fix the umbrella button and other issues.  It also includes a "reset Epic" button in the settings page you can use anytime any Epic features such as the umbrella button start going awry. 

Close & re-open Epic to get a notification to update Epic.  Thanks for reporting the issue & your support!!

#5 2018-12-28 01:17:53

xinxincuc

hi,alok_epicteam
i have got the same problems, i have download the latest version, but there is no Umbrella button,either the One-Click Encrypted Proxy button, very grateful to any reply

#6 2018-12-30 14:09:01

shiladkumar.d
Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for writing back to us.

If you are on Mac then close the browser and go the below path in the finder
/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/HiddenReflex/Epic/Default/

Delete the KalpSD_VerXX folder then start the browser.

If you are on Windows:
Close the browser, in the file Explorer navigate to the below mentioned path:
C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Epic Privacy Browser\Default\
Delete the KalpSD_VerXX folder then start the browser.

If above step didn't work then please provide us the detailed information about your system, OS Version, and Hardware details.

Thanks

Board footer