Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-10 17:53:42

bobke_lap

client side script blocker

Hello,

One of my protections for online safety is using a client side script blocker. (Firefox + NoScript plugin).
Can the Epic browser provide me similar (or the same) functionality?

If not will this be included in a future release?

kind regards

#2 2013-09-12 03:30:09

alok
Administrator

Re: client side script blocker

We block tracking scripts by default!  Using something like NoScript takes a lot of effort so we haven't included it though it is very helpful.  Via Epic Settings, you can disable javascript and set exceptions.  Let us know how you use NoScript and how you'd like to block scripts.

#3 2013-09-12 07:54:10

bobke_lap

I use Noscipt with 'out of the box' settings.
This will block

*Java,
*Flash,
*Silverlight,
*other plugins
*<AUDIO> / <VIDEO>
*@font-face
*every object from an untrusted site

I make a whitelist of sites I trust (read visit once in a while) and allow their own scripts.

So imho generally a client side script downloaded from the same domain you're visiting is 'fine'. Scripts included from other domains are the one's I want to block.

#4 2013-09-12 19:00:49

trippo10

I also use noscrpit (Firefox) and scriptno (Chrome) to block all the scripts fired at my browser, and I like to keep blocking them and allow some of them on a per site basis.

I use the list that "bopke_lap" noted down as a wanted feature for Epic browser..

*Java,
*Flash,
*Silverlight,
*other plugins
*<AUDIO> / <VIDEO>
*@font-face
*every object and or script from an untrusted site.

Maybe a feature under the "umbrella button" can be made, not as complicated as noscript, but at least the basic functions to block those scripts and objects... And really maybe on a per site basis.

kind regards

#5 2013-09-13 18:51:14

alok
Administrator

Thanks - great suggestions and thoughts - please keep sharing!  We'll try to give more granular & easy control over these things like NoScript.  We're also exploring allowing certain highly private extensions.

Board footer