Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-05-12 04:52:23

chinajon

Video Download

I saw this on EPIC start page:
Integrated Video Downloading is now built into Epic :-)

How do I use this?

Thanks!
CJ

#2 2016-08-15 05:31:28

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Video Download

Click on the download button at the top right of Epic for instructions and to download videos.  For some sites including YouTube (which isn't working at the moment, it'll be fixed in a day or two), Vimeo, Soundcloud, and a few others, Epic inserts a download button into the webpage itself.

#3 2016-09-06 06:41:38

hello
i cannot download any video
when i want to download a video a click on the download button it show "due to google policy you are unable to download"

how to fix it ???

#4 2016-10-10 10:09:03

suedonim

When I try to use the download button it seems to work - asks me where to put the file etc - but then I get a "download failed - network error" message.  This is not from youtube but from sites like gorillavid, where the video is working perfectly and from which I can download through a different browser *using an app called Internet Download Manager"

#5 2016-12-01 18:06:43

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Please let us know what websites video downloading is failing at...we'll work on fixing it for those sites.

You can also email any sites directly via alok at hiddenreflex dot com

We're working to support more and more video sites.

#6 2016-12-06 13:09:07

When I download a video on YouTube, it saves the file name as 'videoplayback' but doesn't assign the proper file extension i.e. .mp4. So I have to rename the file as videoplayback.mp4 to play it using VLC.

#7 2017-03-27 04:25:50

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Oh...sorry about that, we'll see why the file extension isn't being saved.  Nice work discovering that fix :-).

Board footer