Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2016-03-31 03:50:03

Error code: ERR_PROXY_CERTIFICATE_INVALID

Hi guys, awesome browser. I'm just having issues sometimes when i use the proxy. It will work for a while but then just stop and i will get this message for any page i wish to visit.

The webpage at http://forum.epicbrowser.com/index.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I'm running iOS mountain lion and there is one other person in my house who uses epic and has no issues. we are both in beijing trying to bypass the great firewall of china using your proxy service.

Im really keen to keep using epic and I'd also be happy make monthly donations for a more reliable service.

thanks

#2 2016-09-27 16:04:54

wkk

Re: Error code: ERR_PROXY_CERTIFICATE_INVALID

I've the same problem too. Running epic on mac os

joshtasman.nz wrote:

Hi guys, awesome browser. I'm just having issues sometimes when i use the proxy. It will work for a while but then just stop and i will get this message for any page i wish to visit.

The webpage at http://forum.epicbrowser.com/index.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I'm running iOS mountain lion and there is one other person in my house who uses epic and has no issues. we are both in beijing trying to bypass the great firewall of china using your proxy service.

Im really keen to keep using epic and I'd also be happy make monthly donations for a more reliable service.

thanks

#3 2016-10-05 14:42:11

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Error code: ERR_PROXY_CERTIFICATE_INVALID

Hi, sorry for this issue.  We have NO IDEA why the proxy isn't working on Mac Sierra.  We're working on this.  If anyone has any ideas or a solution, please let us know!!  Any hard core networking folks please make any suggestions you have, thanks!!

That said, Epic otherwise works great with the proxy turned off in Sierra...so that works for now and we should have a fix for the proxy soon.  To turn the proxy off, just click the top right green button to make it red.

Board footer