Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-03-10 18:53:55

elvis77

How to change proxy location on Mac version

I thought there was a feature to enable proxy and change country location on Mac version - running 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit)

I only have the option to toggle proxy on/off. Did this feature go away or am I missing how to enable?

On Windows version, I have more options.... turn proxy on AND select country.

#2 2017-04-25 03:36:18

Re: How to change proxy location on Mac version

I have the same issue.  Running same version of Epic, OSX 10.12.4. Have you found a resolution?  Works fine on a Win10 PC I have.

#3 2017-04-28 03:13:33

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Unfortunately there were some bizarre issues with Sierra so we had to create new proxy servers for Epic for Mac.  That's why you can select many countries on Windows but not on Mac.

That said, we're working on bringing additional countries to Mac users as well!!

#4 2017-09-02 10:31:14

I am using a Mac with El Capitan not Sierra. I have installed Virtual Box on it to host a Windows 7 guest.

From the Windows 7 guest there are only two states for the proxy toggle button:
- green closed
- red open
both with tooltip saying simply epic proxy.

Clicking on it pops a menu choose a country for the proxy.
What does this choice mean and should I choose the proxy closer to my physical location?

But on the Mac El Capitan there are three possible states for the proxy toggle button:
- green closed, with tooltip saying "click to disable proxy globally"
In this state I cannot access any site. I get a ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error.

- green closed with a magnifier icon and tooltip saying "this site is being accessed via proxy click to enable proxy globally
In this state I can access bing (my homepage) but I cannot access any other site, upon navigating to them, the proxy icon truns red and open

-open red with a tooltip saying "click to enable proxy globally"

Could you explain this behavior and how to use this proxy/VPN on windows and mac?

Thank you very much for the great work

Board footer