Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-04-14 01:21:12

inheral

Epic Browser Won't Close (being approved)

I uninstalled my epic browser and reinstalled a new copy and when i have 2 or more windows open and i go to close the browser it won't close and i have to close it with task manager. This browser does not function properly like before. Why does it do that?.

#2 2017-04-26 13:37:14

barryn56

Re: Epic Browser Won't Close (being approved)

Same issue here, since the latest windows 10 update. You can close windows separately, but if two or more open the usual warning message that you are about to close multiple windows is not visible, so you can't click "OK"...

#3 2017-04-28 03:10:25

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry about that, we're not sure what's happening.  If you ever uninstall Epic, please go to %APPDATA%  then Local then delete the entire Epic Privacy Browser folder, then reinstall Epic. 

We do have a new update coming in a few weeks which may correct the problem.  You could try uninstalling Epic, then deleting that folder as mentioned above, then reinstalling. 

If you discover any other details, please let us know & we'll work on a fix.  We're working for a more thorough uninstallation process vs. the traditional chromium uninstall which leaves some files there.

#4 2017-05-02 21:23:48

Merlin3322

I had the same problem. for the moment it seems to me to be a problem with the hardware acccelaration. Since I have disabled this in the settings it seems working.

#5 2017-05-03 03:05:52

inheral

Epic browser is getting worse, now it freezes often and i have to shut it down with task manager many times.

#6 2017-05-05 08:01:28

siliconWOLF

I can report the same issue.
Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.138

I'll perform the uninstall and remove the %APPDATA% contents as described and report back.

Thanks for your help,
S.

#7 2017-05-09 18:37:39

ARITHFORU

alok_epicteam wrote:

Sorry about that, we're not sure what's happening.  If you ever uninstall Epic, please go to %APPDATA%  then Local then delete the entire Epic Privacy Browser folder, then reinstall Epic. 

We do have a new update coming in a few weeks which may correct the problem.  You could try uninstalling Epic, then deleting that folder as mentioned above, then reinstalling. 

If you discover any other details, please let us know & we'll work on a fix.  We're working for a more thorough uninstallation process vs. the traditional chromium uninstall which leaves some files there.

It did not work, still facing the same issue.

#8 2017-05-25 00:28:43

jh

Same problem. Mac Version.

#9 2017-05-25 05:47:10

alok_epicteam
Administrator

For some Win10 users, Epic may not close.  There's a fix for this.

Open Epic's settings, scroll to the bottom to "Advanced."  Then scroll down to "Hardware acceleration".  Uncheck it. 

That should solve the issue.  Epic should close fine now. 

See if that works on the Mac?  We're unable to reproduce the issue on the Mac so we're not sure if it works.

Board footer