Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-05-26 10:58:59

cannot update epic

Hi everyone,

I have installed Epic V 38.0.2125.111 on my mac (el capitan)
I have tried to update it, but the only message I get is : "An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later."

Any idea why?

Cheers,
Simon

#2 2017-05-27 00:33:08

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: cannot update epic

Hi Simon, this is strange...maybe your version didn't get updated to our new updater (from Sparkle) which we no longer support.  The best option is to uninstall Epic then re-install a fresh download from EpicBrowser.com.   ALWAYS download Epic ONLY from epicbrowser.com

If you need to back up passwords or bookmarks, please let us know and we can help you do that!  Xmarks is a great addon in Epic's app store to help you back up bookmarks btw.

#3 2017-06-01 05:18:43

cjburkey01

I'm experiencing a similar problem on Windows when installing, the installer fails a few times, then claims to have worked, even though it has not.

#4 2017-06-01 15:37:58

Oliur

Have the same problem

#5 2017-06-03 00:31:41

alok_epicteam
Administrator

In a Windows Navigator go to:  %APPDATA%
then go to LOCAL
then look for the Epic Privacy Browser / Applications folder and see if there's an exe file that opens.

If so, then you have Epic.  If not, then the installation didn't work.  Try to connect directly to a fast net connection or try a different WIFI router, and try installing again.  Epic only works via our online installer.

#6 2018-03-01 11:50:28

l.horst

Hi,Lost my home button (little house) please help , was trying to reset, but does't work

#7 2018-03-01 11:53:51

l.horst

Hi,lost home button

#8 2018-03-26 22:24:12

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry about that.  There was a slight privacy issue so we had to remove the home button, but we're working to solve that issue and then restore the home button in a future update.

Board footer