Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-05-27 04:25:09

doc

amazonaws

Can you tell me why i'm still getting connections from amazonaws.com. Can these be blocked ?

UPdate

I have myself done a little more work with this and I have to say the problem I was having has nothing to do with your browser. The problem occurs when i use DuckDuckGo as a search engine. I got multiply connections from Google, Amazon, Facebook and others. So it would appear that although they say they are not tracking searches they are happy to allow others to do so. I also found that postbox express email client also allowed google etc to have multiply connections. These connections were on ports 80 and 443 and used both TCP and UDP.  However when I used Epic Search i had zero connections from any companies.

Last edited by doc (2017-06-09 01:49:09)

#2 2017-06-03 00:27:44

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: amazonaws

That is probably for some images...you can block those without an issue for now as at this point we no longer keep updates on AWS .

#3 2017-06-09 01:46:18

doc

Thanks Alok for the reply.

I have myself done a little more work with this and I have to say the problem I was having has nothing to do with your browser. The problem occurs when i use DuckDuckGo as a search engine. I got multiply connections from Google, Amazon, Facebook and others. So it would appear that although they say they are not tracking searches they are happy to allow others too. I also found that postbox express email client also allowed google etc to have multiply connections. These connections were on ports 80 and 443 and used both TCP and UDP.  However when I used Epic Search i had zero connections from any companies.

#4 2017-06-14 01:26:49

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Great!  Nice work & solution.  Now you know why we don't include any other "so-called privacy search engines" in Epic :-). 

We will always be totally transparent about how we work & operate and as we said epicsearch.in is as private as possible and it's the only private search engine in the world to our knowledge so try to start your searches with it :-).

Board footer