Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-06-03 13:52:06

compstuff

Desktop Icon Keeps Re-appearing WIN7x64

FYI - the desktop icon issue is definitely not resolved. I have WIN7x64 and installed Epic just one month ago and everyday, all day long the darn icon keeps reappearing no matter how many times I delete it.

I like the browser but I'm ready to create a scheduled task script to delete the thing unless you have a fix that works

#2 2017-06-08 09:22:34

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Desktop Icon Keeps Re-appearing WIN7x64

Thanks for the details!!  Please let us know everyone who's facing this.  We're working on a solution & please bear with it for a week or two (so you may want to set a task script to block it for now -- nice work/solution!).  Sorry for this cropping up again!

#3 2017-06-18 12:09:18

guyreg

Hi Alok,

I was able to sign in with my ID this time with no problems. I see that you are working on the Desktop icon issue. Hopefully it will be resolved. I don't think it's worth dumping Epic because of that. The other issue brought (unresponsiveness of browser when updating in background). This issue is not permanent and resolves itself when computer restarted after finishing the update. the problems seem more related to the fact that the updates which happen frequently are done in the background, and Epic does not alert the user that it is doing an update. It just carries on and won't load up. Maybe arrange it so that permission must be given before proceeding with update. This would alert the user that it is happening. As it is, one must go to Task Master too see what is happening. Hope this helps.

#4 2017-06-29 08:19:20

alok_epicteam
Administrator

The desktop icon re-pinning issue should have been solved as of an update last week :-D.

Please of course let us know if it recurs.  Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience & support :-D.

#5 2017-06-29 08:20:24

alok_epicteam
Administrator

In terms of the update process, it's a very lightweight process but yes it's part of the default chromium Omaha installer so it does keep running and checking for updates which it then loads in the background as a silent installer.  It shouldn't affect anything as it's extremely light.

Board footer