Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-02-26 22:11:06

yuri232

Epic For WinXP SP3

Dear Administrators,

I'm in a quandary re: reinstalling Epic on WinXP.

I had originally installed Epic on my daughter's laptop in early 2014.

Since then, I uninstalled in order to update. Newer versions will not install on WinXP as per the web-installer scheme you use.

Which is the last version that works on WinXP? Do you not have an offline installer that can be applied?

Chromium is of no help as they've abandoned WinXP compatibility.

My daughter misses the old Epic she used. Everything worked great! The other browsers I've tried just eat up the system resources on her laptop.

Any help?

#2 2018-03-26 23:31:39

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Epic For WinXP SP3

Yes, unfortunately Epic no longer works on XP due to Chromium dropping support for it.  We'll see if we can get you an older version of Epic...though we don't generally do that due to possible security issues.

#3 2018-06-28 19:20:01

moonalu

Re: Epic For WinXP SP3

alok_epicteam wrote:

Yes, unfortunately Epic no longer works on XP due to Chromium dropping support for it.  We'll see if we can get you an older version of Epic...though we don't generally do that due to possible security issues.

We'll not only second that request but also help financially if needed.   

Just let us know how to help!

Board footer