Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-04-11 17:57:27

privatedude

Should I not use Gmail at all?

I'm confused by the following that i found in https://www.epicbrowser.com/FAQ.html

Q:
"Should I log into Gmail when I use Epic?"
A:
"If you’re doing searches via Google in Epic, then we would strongly recommend you not log into Gmail while using Epic. Google’s new privacy policy allows it to aggregate your personal data across all its services. So if you’re logged into Gmail, then Google can track your searches."

So does this mean that Epic recommends that I not use Gmail at all?
Or does it mean that I should never use Google Search?
Or never use Google Search while in Epic?
Same question for Google Calendar, Google Drive....

#2 2018-08-14 10:55:43

azbrother51

Re: Should I not use Gmail at all?

privatedude wrote:

I'm confused by the following that i found in https://www.epicbrowser.com/FAQ.html

Q:
A:
"If you’re doing searches via Google in Epic, then we would strongly recommend you not log into Gmail while using Epic. Google’s new privacy policy allows it to aggregate your personal data across all its services. So if you’re logged into Gmail, then Google can track your searches."

if you want privacy in Epic. dont use Google. if you need to use anything Google then it will collect your info

#3 2018-09-17 23:32:08

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Those decisions are up to you, but it sounds like you understand the privacy trade-offs and considerations.

I personally will generally not log into facebook or gmail in Epic.  I have a separate browser for just those two.

#4 2018-09-18 01:10:10

John_3_16

privatedude wrote:

Q:
A:

I use SRWare Iron as my backup browser. Only for emergency use if Epic dies & for anything where privacy is not a concern. All Google apps spy on the user & report back to Google. Even after you opt out. True that. LoL Google it!

In Epic I open GMail to check for new mail then I close it. My main mail client is Hotmail. Another spy but works even with blocks in place. I DO NOT use Google search. I use Startpage as my default.

GL & God bless.

Board footer