Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-16 16:15:30

Akitos

Windows 8 64 bit don't run the installer

Hi i'm trying to install Epic bowser from when it was born and for all this time i couldn't install it. Simply i click on the installer and nothing happens, so i go to watch what is happening in the task manager and the porcess is real but inactive: 0% of CPU and 1MB of Memory. It can stay hours and nothing will happen.
Excuse for my English because it can be wrong, but please help me:i don't want that my informations travel around the world.
Thank you very mutch. wink

#2 2013-09-19 07:12:00

alok
Administrator

Re: Windows 8 64 bit don't run the installer

Hi Akitos!  Thanks so much for your support and feedback here.  We're here to help!!

Can you try downloading Epic again from epicbrowser.com and running the installer?  Right now our updater depends on the online installer...so we don't have any other file we could send you - but if it doesn't work again, do let us know.  We're working on an offline installer and other options.

#3 2013-11-27 07:25:42

sco1984

Same problem for me. I am using Windows 8 Pro 64 bit OS. I tried to run installer as "Administrator". It shows installation progress bar, then it shows "Conencting to internet" & lastly shows installation done message but it's not installed. I checked inside "Program Files (x86) & also under "Program Files".   :-(

FYI:- I downloaded installer today i.e. 27 Novemebr 2013. Also tried downloading zip file. Is there any list of installers so that I can try with multiple versions? Epic is working fine on my other PC which is running Windows 7 OS.

Regards,
Amey.

#4 2013-11-28 06:04:10

alok
Administrator

sco1984 & akitos -- can you try our latest installer?  We did an update last night to the installer/updater and it should work. 

We'll work on an offline installer for Epic -- the issue is that our current installer handles updating as well so we need to figure out another means for updating.

Board footer