Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-10-16 21:48:18

easygo

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

As of today, I started getting this message whenever I try to access my GMail messages.
It simply returns a page with that on, while in other sites as Tumblr or Blogger, or any other common site, all goes smoothly.
Can you please advise? Thanks.

#2 2013-10-26 14:08:21

irish

Re: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

Well i don't get it with epic. But i do get it with some sites. i find that pressing f5 resolves the problem.
Although having said, i tend that to have a lot of pages open. sometimes 90 or more. If i was to get tunnel error constantly on a lot of pages, i don't know if i would use epic as main browser.

#3 2013-10-27 12:37:08

sai

@easygo, Is this message still coming to you..!
@irish, even chromium performance goes down after 80 + tabs, we shall see into this, how to increase the performance in your case.
Thanks for reporting

#4 2013-11-04 19:45:00

easygo

sai wrote:

Thanks for reporting

Nope, after some time (and several scannings by all types of antiviruses), it just went away just as it came.
BTW, I never had more than 3 or 4 tabs simultaneously opened...
I thought at first it had something to do with CCleaner, as it happenned firstly after a night cleaning spree. But could not relate it definitely w/ that. Thanks.

#5 2013-11-18 15:48:00

easygo

easygo wrote:
sai wrote:

Thanks for reporting

Nope, after some time (and several scannings by all types of antiviruses), it just went away just as it came.
BTW, I never had more than 3 or 4 tabs simultaneously opened...
I thought at first it had something to do with CCleaner, as it happened firstly after a night cleaning spree. But could not relate it definitely w/ that. Thanks.

= HI, THERE. THESE CAPS ARE ONLY TO CATCH YOUR EYES AGAIN INTO THIS MATTER. =

The problem reported previously started again today. I think I could relate it to a cleaning of the cookies and cache and everything else I did, in "settings>advanced configuration>clear browsing data",  while surfing via the incognito window of Chrome. (sometimes I need to get into two different accounts in a same site, so I use that).

The next try via Epic resulted in a total stall, as in the annexed image. (sorry, unable to upload it, do not know how)

I cannot go anywhere else. I am writing this using Chrome. Need help again!

#6 2013-11-28 06:11:31

alok
Administrator

So so sorry for the late reply.

It sounds like it could be related to the proxy -- do you always keep it on when browsing?  You may have to press F5/refresh occasionally (we're fixing that bug) when the proxy is on. 

Is the problem gone now and or is it re-occuring?

#7 2013-11-28 20:16:06

easygo

Hi, alok.

I think you may be right. I use the closed proxy all the time. But I remember, now that u said it, after the tunnel error, I did disconnect the plug (into red) and then reconnected it.
What is the correct way, I cannot figure that alone...

The error itself stopped, but I think it may happen any time, I cannot understand why or when it will appear. I thought it could be by the cleaning of all data while browsing with Chrome in the incognito way.

Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

#8 2013-11-29 08:27:26

sai

@easygo, we have seen some issues with our proxy, we are working on an update and will release very soon!

#9 2023-02-15 13:47:08

Proxy1
Administrator

Thanks for the info, it's nice to see a suggestion or solution for a problem.

#10 2023-07-25 21:44:15

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Yes, if the proxy isn't working, you can always turn it off or on the extensions page you may disable the extension.

Board footer