Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-26 05:22:21

weave2u

OctoNet HTTP filter

Why do I get an error on certain sites, such as "whocalledme.com" and "800notes.com" that says "ACCESS DENIED Your request has been blocked by the OctoNet HTTP filter." What is this? It seems to only appear when I use Epic.

#2 2015-02-27 06:43:18

sathi
Administrator

Re: OctoNet HTTP filter

Hi weave2u,

Thanks for the post. We are not able to generate this bug from our side.
Are you using any VPN service?

Did you try loading these webpages with proxy trun off?

#3 2015-03-01 17:40:17

weave2u

Hi Sathi, no vpn. When I turn off the proxy, the website loads normally, so apparently that is the issue.

#4 2015-03-02 16:03:03

sathi
Administrator

Hi weave2u,

Thanks for the post, let our team check into our proxy servers.

#5 2015-04-02 16:12:33

theoo7doc

Hi Folks,
I found your site on a Google search & I too received this "ACCESS DENIED" when I tried to go to my 800Notes account. I really enjoy the site as it tells me who half of these Bozo's who call me night and day with scams are and how many other people are hearing from them.  It has also allowed me to find out a couple of calls I thought were scams were not scams but someone from high school, a dear friend, trying to reach me.  800Notes had no reference for the number so I answered the call next time it came through.  They are a legitimate service. 
I have never heard of 'epic the privacy browser' but would like more information now that I have.   I PIA, 'Private Internet Access' as a privacy secure way of accessing the net.  They are the most consistent I've found and I've used them for years at  $6.95/mo which has not increased.  Most of the other good ones are $9 to $12 a month now but STARTED at $6 something a month.
I have found the opposite.  When I have gotten this warning I have found my pia service was not running.  On occasion it will not start when I start-up and I have to manually start. That is what happened today.  When pia is running I get the site fine. I run 'Firefox' as my browser & get this stupid thing every so often when pia is down. 
Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks, just thought I'd weigh in.
I'm going to go look at more information on your browser.
God Bless
Maegi

Board footer