Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-04-25 08:03:15

UnclePauly

Is worth perservering with Epic

Been using Epic for 2 years now but the problems are getting tough to bear. At the beginning I thought things would be ironed out but actually they've gotten worse. I'm talking mainly about using search engines like Google and Bing. It can take up to 15 seconds to connect to Google, same for Bing, proxy on or proxy off. Once connected things are a nightmare and run really slowly if at all. Listening to streaming radio also provides glitches on some play sites. I could list about 5 other big problems some of which I see listed in this forum.

Q. does Epic have the backing behind it to make it worth my while sticking with it or do I go back to Chrome?

#2 2015-06-01 01:59:01

MrU

Re: Is worth perservering with Epic

Don't go back to Google chrome either.

It's starting to kill off Unity Web players and becoming really buggy.

Alternative; Use the original source of Google chrome,
Chromium.

#3 2015-06-05 22:47:17

weave2u

Well, I think that's a valid question. Considering Epic's continued quirkiness, slow loads, broken video streams, etc., and that's with the main privacy measure - the proxy - turned off, it's just too unreliable to continue with it. There are other privacy browsers, I'll check them out and make my recommendations on this forum. In the meantime, I'll use HTTP everything, and the private browsing windows on chrome. Sorry Epic... you were a good awhile back, but you've become too twitchy, with unreliable proxies, and no updates forthcoming.

#4 2015-06-23 22:01:53

alok
Administrator

Sorry about the proxy issues, proxy should be a lot faster now.  Search engines *always* connect via the proxy which is why even with the proxy off it was slow. 

If the proxy is ever slow, you can still turn the proxy off...though yes search engines may be slow.  At this point we did add more servers so the proxy should be fast.

Board footer