Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-04-05 17:13:48

mjperry51

Privacy Content Settings Question

Can I allow sites to save my log in cookie info? I have set Privacy Content Setting to Allow Local Data to be Set, and set an exception (example Hostname Pattern to 'www.yahoo.com and Behavior to Allow). After closing and reopening Epic I still need to log in.

Thanks,

Mike

#2 2014-04-08 06:43:45

alok
Administrator

Re: Privacy Content Settings Question

Hmmm...let us explore this, but I don't think so!  We thoroughly delete all cookies and browsing data on close of Epic.

#3 2014-05-04 21:16:23

elzorro1949

Just want to endorse the question. The login issue for sites I use several times a day is the only inconvenience I've found in using Epic so far. Otherwise I LOVE the browser. I'm hoping this won't be a deal breaker for me. Thanks for your work!

#4 2014-05-09 15:46:27

sai

You can use Epic to Save passwords by enabling Save Passwords feature, or use an Epic Extensions by going to chrome://extensions page.

Thank You
Sai

#5 2014-05-09 16:54:04

alok
Administrator

Yes, the best thing to do is to have Epic save your password/login OR to use a password manager addon that Epic supports. 

We expect to continue to delete all cookies for the time-being on close of the browser.  We could though allow you to allow certain sites to store persistent cookies...but that's a bit risky privacy-wise we feel.

Board footer