Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-10-24 01:47:38

vintrepid

bookmarks reversed order

All of my bookmarks and bookmark folders are now displayed in reverse order. Why would that happen? Anyone know how I can reverse the order again and get them in the original order?

#2 2014-10-27 14:27:28

blankslate15

Re: bookmarks reversed order

I started up this morning with the same problem---bookmarks in reverse order. This is a major annoyance, if not an actual problem! How can this be fixed or controlled? I am using Version 37.0.2062.0 (278856)

Last edited by blankslate15 (2014-10-27 15:57:22)

#3 2014-10-28 04:40:48

sathi
Administrator

Hi All,

Sorry for the late response.
From our end Imported bookmarks  and Epic bookmarks in  Mac and windows are  in proper order. 

Are these bookmarks are imported from other browsers or bookmarked from epic it self?

#4 2014-10-28 10:20:20

blankslate15

All were bookmarked from Epic itself and had been working fine for months until then. NOTE: now about one day later, the bookmark order is back to normal, with no action on my part. How can this happen?

#5 2014-10-28 14:03:01

sathi
Administrator

Hi blankslate15,

Strange, No clue from my side. Any how I will keep an eye on bookmarks.   

Thanks,

#6 2014-11-01 11:14:27

mw4epic

Mine are now reversed too. I didn't notice if it happened when the browser was updated recently, or after Epic froze and had to be force-quit. Quitting and restarting didn't fix it, nor did force-quitting. The bookmarks are in the same order left to right in the bookmark bar, but the contents of every folder and subfolder has been reversed. About half were imports from Chrome, the rest were newly bookmarked, mostly lists of open tabs.

#7 2014-11-03 12:12:09

sai

Hi mw4epic,

Thank You for providing the steps. Also Can you let us know what Windows/ Mac version are you using?

Thank  You
Sai

#8 2014-11-07 15:07:03

tjh3nm48

I too found my bookmarks reversed this morning. Any way to fix the problem without manually rearranging them?

#9 2014-11-07 20:36:43

tjh3nm48

This morning I too found my bookmarks reversed. Is there a way to get them back in the original order without manually moving each one?
Mac OSX 10.6.8; Epic 2458 (updated within the last 2-3 days).

Saturday:
Do not know if it is significant, but the day prior to the bookmark reversal I set up a new “folder” under “Bookmarks Bar”. After that change I noticed extensive processing going on in Epic. It seemed the browser was churning through some program. I did not notice the bookmark changes until the next morning.

Last edited by tjh3nm48 (2014-11-08 14:29:31)

#10 2014-11-11 09:02:27

sai

Sorry about that. Ill test this scenario, this extensive process is being reported by some other user as well.
He says it comes while using flash.

Thank You
Sai

#11 2014-11-11 16:48:33

tjh3nm48

"He says it comes while using flash.

Thank You
Sai"

I have removed Flash from my computer.

I realize the above statement may be ambiguous. I did not have Flash on my computer when the bookmark problem arose. I removed it months ago.

Last edited by tjh3nm48 (2014-11-13 20:48:41)

#12 2014-11-12 15:39:41

chub

Just chiming in. My bookmarks reverse whenever there is a power outage while Epic is running. I can re-flip them by powering down while Epic is up, not that I intend to do this routinely!

iMac running OS X 10.8

#13 2014-11-13 08:48:48

sai

Sorry about that...! We are looking into this issue...!

#14 2014-11-13 15:09:16

tjh3nm48

I tried the restart with Epic running. Unsuccessful for me.

I have an extensive, five layer deep collection of bookmarks - several hundred. They were carefully sorted by usage and topic. The top layer has 5 folders. The second layer has from 3 - 27 sub-folders for each upper layer. The third and forth layers have a mix of bookmarks and additional subfolders. The fifth is bookmarks. This reversal has played havoc with the hierarchy. Not only the top layer is affected. Each layer down the hierarchy has also been corrupted. It is a problem.

Is there a file on my Max OSX which contains the Epic bookmarks? I could get an uncorrupted copy from Time Machine. I have some familiarity with the Unix file system. I looked under /Library; /Library/Application Support; and System/Library but I was not able to find any “Epic” files. /Library/Application Support has Firefox files, but no Epic files.

#15 2014-11-14 10:31:45

sai

Hi tjh3nm48,

We will be giving a new update for this bug asap.
Yes, You can look at ~/Library/Application Support/HiddenReflex/Epic/Default/Bookmarks. It would be json file. Don't forget "~" before forward slash. It represents your home directory.

Thank You
Sai

#16 2014-11-14 18:34:51

tjh3nm48

sai wrote:

Hi tjh3nm48,

We will be giving a new update for this bug asap.
Yes, You can look at ~/Library/Application Support/HiddenReflex/Epic/Default/Bookmarks. It would be json file. Don't forget "~" before forward slash. It represents your home directory.

Thank You
Sai

Yes, You can look at ~/Library/Application Support/HiddenReflex/Epic/Default/Bookmarks.

Replaced my last uncorrupted bookmarks files from the location you gave above. It worked like charm. Thanks. That saved a lot of time.

Board footer