Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-04-14 23:30:21

Epic.Beebes

What is the current version of Epic?

At the top of this forum page, I see an announcement promoting a new version of Epic.  How do I know whether or not I already have the "new" version installed?  I can't find any references to version numbers or version dates anywhere on this site.

Even when I click the Download link, there's no opportunity to see the version number, version date, release notes, or any other product details before installation is complete.

I apologize if I'm overlooking something that should be obvious.

I ask about version numbers and dates because I've been experiencing the same Epic performance issues mentioned in other recent posts for a couple days.  Navigation to web sites is unusually slow, some never load at all, I see proxy server failure messages, and Internet searches take forever.  I don't see these issues in Internet Explorer.   (I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit.)  I was wondering whether there's a new version of Epic available since I installed it on 11/29/2013 that might fix these issues.

#2 2014-04-16 07:27:33

sai

Re: What is the current version of Epic?

Hi,

Sorry for that. We shall try to put that information. Since you are Windows user, you need not worry about the upgrade. Windows shall automatically upgrade Epic browser. However we are working on making update manual on windows too.

Here are some additions in the new Epic

Import from bookmarks html and favicons appear now
Encrypted preference related bugs fixed
Epic Features stability enhanced
See who's spying on you in other browsers in Net tab page
Pepper Flash added (Less flash problems)
Recovering Epic Features when Crashed

Also regarding the navigation being too slow, we have upgraded our proxy servers yesterday, so you shall not face anymore down time now.

Please leave us your feedback once you check on these problems.

Thank You
Sai

#3 2014-04-16 11:31:34

nono95

It would be fine to have a change log every time you issue a new version.
Do you have a bug tracker ?

#4 2014-04-17 15:36:43

gayen.amit02

I have installed the latest version of epic browser Version 34.0.1841.0 (251262) but the proxy button was once visible when I switched on the proxy button a messege displayed: "Proxy Service has crashed. Click this balloon to reload the extension." and the proxy button has also disappeared since then and till now the proxy service is not working. Please help me to sort out this problem.

#5 2014-04-17 15:47:11

sai

Restart the browser and check. They should come back.

#6 2014-04-17 15:50:25

gayen.amit02

I have done this several times but still it does not work.

#7 2016-05-08 22:38:02

captainfepa

Here it is two years later and I, at least, still cannot find anywhere the current Epic version number (the number which would be downloaded) short of actually downloading it. Is this hidden somewhere on the website?

#8 2016-05-10 17:15:27

redrocket

captainfepa wrote:

still cannot find anywhere the current Epic version number

It's nowhere to be found prior to install, however, clicking About Epic Privacy Browser displays the version number.

Board footer