Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-27 15:39:47

Linux Version of EPIC

Just ran across your browser by chance, a mention in forums of the Slimjet browser...

While reading your FAQ section, I could not help but notice this statement:

"We love open source software and Epic is built on open source Chromium."

Yet reading this forum any mention of a native linux version is that you are working on it.

Isn't this a little bit like running into a burning apartment building and rescuing everyone in the building before rescuing your own wife and children?

I know that sounds harsh, (I am only trying to make a point) but with the possible exception of ID software, I have heard this before.  Again I am not trying to annoy anyone, I just have to marvel at why any company that would develop software based upon open source code, would then choose to not release a linux version first. Or. would settle for a "WINE compatible" version when one of the major irritants of the open source community is non-native applications.

Board footer