Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-11-16 14:42:48

webroamer

Google Chrome pops up while using Epic?

When I go to the option menu, it opens up by going to chrome://settings, even though I don't have Chrome installed on my computer anymore. What's up with that? Also, when I logged in on here I got a warning that the login was not secure and when I followed that link it led to a Google support page. Is Epic just a front for Google?

#2 2018-03-26 23:45:47

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Google Chrome pops up while using Epic?

All browser urls are prefaced with chrome:// -- it's actually a common browser term and doesn't refer to google's chrome browser.

Epic is independent of Google.

Yes, we need to get a better forum that has https support, etc....sorry about that!

#3 2020-06-16 06:56:10

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Google Chrome pops up while using Epic?

Hmmm.  That may be something hard-coded into Android :-(.  Google is supposed to respect the user-selected default browser though!! 

It's out of our control, but we'll check and make a complaint if we can...but in the past, governments have said they were "extremely concerned" about our complaints but they never followed up with us on it (remember in the U.S. alone, Google spends tens of millions a year on lobbying) :-(.

Board footer