Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2019-10-01 02:54:53

NERDIE.NERD

Can't Access eBay in Epic - - Java Failure

RE-INSTALLED EPIC TODAY  PREVIOUS VERSION WAS 75..... NOW IS 71....
BOTH FAIL BAY JAVA WHAT THE FUCK ?????????

#2 2019-10-18 00:23:42

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Can't Access eBay in Epic - - Java Failure

It will upgrade to 75.  Not sure why Java is not being picked up as a plugin if you have Java installed on your system.  Check out other browsers and the plugins page.

#3 2019-10-20 01:02:33

billcowan

Yeh,  me too.  All other browsers no problem un & PW logs straight in.  With epic, after UN & PW ebay puts up a 'Please verify yourself to continue'  and after you have done clicking millions of ffing fire hydrants and crosswalks,  when you hit 'verify' it just reverts to the ffing 'Please verify yourself to continue'  page,  endlessly

And yes I have  V75    and yes ebay login worked fine in previous versions

By the way, there are other webpages that just dont load at all in epic.

#4 2019-11-03 15:11:37

MadmanR

eBay failure started happening for me yesterday 2019.11.02

Dealt successfully will all the *annoying* 'Captcha' crap the past month or more but yesterday that "prompt" completely fails to load any images! 
Re-set, re-loads, refresh -- none of that worked.

Short of DELETING/re-installing EPIC, what other solution is available?

I *love* EPIC but I *need* eBay access!
(And I sure don't want to go back to Google/Chrome...although that does work.)

#5 2019-11-09 06:55:01

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Captchas Issue:
The Captchas yes are very annoying.  We feel like Google may purposefully make them endless and unusable so as to try to get everyone to disable their proxies/VPNs (recaptcha is owned by Google).

They come basically when the proxy is on.  One solution is to access eBay with the proxy off.  There may be an issue also with tracker blocking so via the umbrella button, you could set block ads & trackers to No for eBay and see if that helps.

Those are two key things to try anytime a site doesn't load. 

Java:
In terms of Java, I believe Java and other plugins (except Flash) have been removed from Chromium.  That's why it's not coming I believe.

#6 2020-02-14 03:44:56

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Thank you so much for your support Bill.

Yes, captchas are really annoying :-(.  Usually disabling the proxy/VPN then refreshing the page will get rid of the captcha (but also a bit of privacy too :-( ).

Yes, so many sites are blocking adblock, we're exploring alternatives to traditional ad blocking actually.  Now that we're sustainable we can actually look for solutions for more problems like this :-).

Please keep letting us know what we need to do better & supporting us so we can keep Epic "epic" :-).

#7 2020-04-09 09:17:06

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Argh, we'll check into why IE Tab isn't working.  We're working on a major update which hopefully fixes the eBay captcha issue.  Sorry again about that.  We're working on faster bug fixing this year :-).

#8 2020-06-16 06:34:56

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Yes, we found that as well.  eBay changed their CAPTCHA system and now it works in Epic :-D!!  Not sure why it wasn't earlier.

Board footer