Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-02-14 19:37:13

adbnd

Distorted sound in some YouTube videos

Some YouTube videos have distorted sound, for example this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u4ZLGsw1zo

The video plays fine in Safari and Firefox.

Attention, turn down your volume before opening the clip. The distorted sound is very loud.

#2 2015-05-30 09:33:34

Re: Distorted sound in some YouTube videos

YES!
Oh my heck, the EXACT same thing has been happening to us.

First and foremost, I just want to say, THANK YOU EPIC TEAM for this excellent browser system, and for trying to help protect the people, even though most of the big web companies strive for the opposite. You guys are seriously my web browsing heroes, and we tell everyone about your Epic product! smile

Now, point 2, please please can we fix this youtube distortion crap that's happening? It's becoming more and more frequent... any ideas what the cause might be, and how to fix it?

Thank you guys!

#3 2015-05-30 09:34:00

YES!
Oh my heck, the EXACT same thing has been happening to us.

First and foremost, I just want to say, THANK YOU EPIC TEAM for this excellent browser system, and for trying to help protect the people, even though most of the big web companies strive for the opposite. You guys are seriously my web browsing heroes, and we tell everyone about your Epic product! smile

Now, point 2, please please can we fix this youtube distortion crap that's happening? It's becoming more and more frequent... any ideas what the cause might be, and how to fix it?

Thank you guys!

#4 2015-05-30 09:36:09

p.s. here is another example link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPE3bp3YlGU

#5 2017-03-17 18:02:14

basilc

How do I sort the terrible sound distortion on videos?

#6 2017-04-28 03:24:39

alok_epicteam
Administrator

We believe this issue was sorted out...please let us know if you're still experiencing it.

#7 2020-06-16 07:02:42

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry, no idea what's going on :-(.  It sounds fine in Epic on our Mac systems.  It could be that YouTube tries to use an audio codec which creates an issue on your system...we're not sure :-(.  Sorry about that.

Board footer